Hello from new member

Community
Notices

Hello from new member

Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from new member

Hello everyone,
I just joined Fitday, as I have a bit of weight to lose and I have been way too lazy for the last few years, thinking I could lose it whenever I put my mind (and body) to it, but never actually doing anything about it. I thought if I have a proper way to record what I eat and how much exercise I do, and a forum on which to share my goals, and get and offer support, I would be much more likely to kick myself into gear and achieve results.

I don't have a huge amount to lose, 'only' 29 pounds, but those extra pounds have been weighing me down for nearly ten years, and I'm now at the heaviest I ever was. I turned 40 last summer, and had planned to lose the weight by then, but never did anything about it so of course the pounds didn't shift, and I piled up a few more since. My husband just turned 50, and could do with losing a few pounds too, so I'm hoping if I get healthier, it will inspire him to be healthier too and we can both shed some weight and have a good start to our new decades.

I'm a full time mother of 4 daughters aged 15, 13, 10 and 6, and I have many pets, amongst which a lovely big crazy dog, so one of my main exercise goals is to take him on longer/brisker walks. I have some exercise equipment at home (bike, treadmill, stepper) so even on a rainy day there is really no excuse for me not to break up a sweat.

I am not particularly naughty when it comes to food. The main problem comes from the late schoolruns on after school club nights leaving little time to cook, and resorting to too many chinese/indian takeaways and pizzas. My main downfall though is a strong liking for a glass of wine (or three) each evening, and as a first resolution I have decided to not drink wine (or other alcoholic drinks) during the week.

My target time is modest, I'd like to lose the weight by mid July, so I feel healthy and more glamourous on my holiday in Italy!! I think that's 22 weeks, to lose 29 pounds, which I know is achievable.

I look forward to reading everybody's stories and offer support. I glanced through the forum and noticed many people have a lot more weight to lose, and it's inspiring to join and read about other people efforts.

Best of luck everyone,

Zigs
Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Zigs - welcome aboard! When I joined FitDay (goodness that was a while ago now!) getting into the forums was one (if not the) most helpful part of it. We have a weekly motivational thread over in the 'Motivation and Support' section if you'd like to join. Good luck!