Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Newbie needs help with Atkins Induction, veterans apply within! >

Newbie needs help with Atkins Induction, veterans apply within!

Notices

Newbie needs help with Atkins Induction, veterans apply within!

Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Newbie needs help with Atkins Induction, veterans apply within!

So I joined fitday to finally get serious about reaching my goal. I also read the Atkins book and decided that that's the methodology for me. However, there are discrepancies between the book and what experienced dieters say on forums about the Induction phase.

So I need some help. I actually gained five pounds ( one week in induction)

Perhaps an atkins dieter can share with me a meal plan day, so I can find my mistakes.

p.s. I have been eating the muffin in a minute. Is muffin the culprit for this weight gain?

Also, I am running 3-4 km everyday.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

I had lost about 127 pounds in 9 months on a lower carb high protein diet. Not exactly atkins. How much are you trying to lose and how many carbs, calories and how much protein are you aiming for a day? Are you eating pre packaged foods? Are you weighing your food before you eat it if not prepackaged? Are you logging all your condiments? Are you using artificial sweetners? (Some studies have shown it is harder to lose weight while using artificial sweetners. I have found it makes a difference to my weight loss, while others have seen no difference. )