Notices

A fresh start

Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Red face A fresh start

Hi all I would love to find someone to email and possibly text to give and receive support. A bit about me. I am female five feet tall and weigh 205lbs. About 6 years ago I was up to 287. I lost both my mother and father to heartaches about 7 years ago so I started on a better eating plan to try and not have that happen to me. I did well and got down to 220. The about 4 years ago I got divorced. It may seem weird but I actually didn't gain any weight then I lost even more. I got down to 180. Due to getting divorced I had to join the job force. So I went to school and got my CDL. If you don't know what that is I drive a semi truck. So I sit a lot!! I sit anywhere from 10-14 hours a day. So sitting and eating has put my weight back on. I am starting now at 205. I would really like to lose 75lbs that's my long term goal. But to start out I am going to set out for 30lbs in the next 6 months. That's just over a pound a week. Any advice or pointer on how to get exercise into my day would be great! I don't get a lot of time out of the truck so simple things would be great! But by the time my day is over and I'm back home I'm exhausted. I generally work 3-5 days a week. Good Luck to everyone!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default wish

I wish you tons of luck, we have about the same amount to reach goal. Unlike you I am on my feet all day at work. To much of me on my feet!
I hope we both make it!

Arcy
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

For starters I would try eating less and try to avoid any "trigger" foods. If you have any down time, maybe walk around the truck stop. Depending on what you are hauling, maybe you could help unload some of it for added exercise?