checking in from NorCal...

Community
Notices

checking in from NorCal...

Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Red face checking in from NorCal...

Hi Folks,
I used FitDay a couple years ago and stopped for various reasons, none of them good ones. :-)

Back on it with brand new profile and refreshed attitude towards my health.

Gotta be somewhat careful since back surgery 4 years ago, but thankfully, my back is behaving well - now, i just need to lose this "Goodyear tire" around my belly and things will be GREAT!!

Primary exercise will be walking, calisthenics (ala Jack LaLane!!), and some light to medium weight lifting (not until around March timeframe).

Not trying to go GONZO on this, trying to be sensible and steady in progress.

No, this is NOT a new year resolution - it is just me getting my health back the way it should have been all along. Wile in the Navy (1984-1992) I was very fit, riding my bicycle 20-30 miles a day, in the gym 4 days a week doing various weight lifting, some jogging and of course, lots of hard, HARD work.

Married and 2 kids later, out of the Navy and I let go of my fitness regimen. The rest is history.

Also, want to reduce BP and start tracking my food intake, so that is why I am using FitDay.

Warm regards,
Jim
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi-
I'm from NorCal too!!! I have been on FitDay since Aug. 2012 and have lost 29 pounds!!!
Sounds like you are on the right track so to speak about getting on a fitness regimene, I know I started back on one as of today! All of the crazy holiday stuff finally wound down and we can finally concentrate a lil bit more on ourselves!!! Everyone has been so supportive on this website! So here's to a healthy & fit 2013!!!

Kelly
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Howdy and Welcome Jim!
What part of Nor Cal are you from?