Notices

New member and motivation required

Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Smile New member and motivation required

Hi All,

For the first time ever I have decided to track my progress, and hopefully I will be finding out from everyone how to stay motivated.

I used to be very active, and years ago quite fit, however, this is not the case anymore, and I think enough is enough.

I have hardly done any training since June, as we have moved our house, plus now we live in a new area that we are still trying to get to know. I have also started eating, baking, cooking like crazy, and I think the money issues and looking for a new job are not helping me either. So, all that together is simply not helping me to motivate myself like I used to do.

You will be hearing from me quite often. My aim is to loose weight, get fit and stay fit, and try to stop having such a sweet tooth.

Type to all of you know.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

I see no motivation for Snorus.

Good luck and good bye everyone.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Snorus, welcome aboard. I meant to respond sooner but had family in town for the holidays. This is usually a pretty active board.
Congrats on taking the first step to track everything. What have you noticed since starting? For most people it's an eye opener to log there food. I think its because so many of us, myself included, do mindless eating. We just eat and not really pay much attention to it and when we log it, we are like.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Thanks Mike,
First of all, Happy New Year and may 2013 bring you and all your loved ones good health and prosperity!!!!!
No, I actually haven't started logging it in, I was going to start today, but this didn't happen yet, so I better start doing it now.
I have noticed that I have put the whole dress size up. I have also noticed that I am fitter than I thought I was. Also, I am planning to take a photo of me in a dress that I am planning to wear this Summer. Currently, I am looking very pregnant in it, which would be OK if I am pregnant. I never did before and after photos, and I think it wuld be good to do them.
Off to log my food intake for today.
Thanks xx
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Before and after photos and a great way to stay motivated. If you have trouble finding foods just let us know. Check out the Motivation and Support section, we have weekly threads going where we keep each other motivated and accountable. Fitday actually has two formats, 2.0 and classic. Both work well but are different. If you have trouble with one, you may want to try the other.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default same boat

I'm new to posting as well. I hope it helps with accountability. My goal is to lose 40lbs and 36 inch waist.

Last edited by StitesR; 01-07-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by StitesR
I'm new to posting as well. I hope it helps with accountability. My goal is to lose 40lbs.
40 pounds is doable, are you shooting for a time frame?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

April 1 is my time goal. Portion control and after dinner eating is where I need to improve.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by StitesR
April 1 is my time goal. Portion control and after dinner eating is where I need to improve.
Sounds very ambitious. Good luck to you.

After dinner is a tough time for me, too. I'm often up late working and have to plan my snacks very carefully.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default after dinner

So what did you do to stop after dinner eating? I'm doing well, down 6lbs since the 1st but I've done that before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.