Notices

I am determined

Old 12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up I am determined

I realized today that I need my health, after messing around with my preferred food, and seeing what I like and what I don't, I have come to the conclusion that I am ready to make a change.
I am about 300 pounds currently, and have lost five pounds in the past week and half by just experimenting with vegetables and fruit to substitute less healthy food.
I don't want to be 'skinny' I want to be healthy, and Im not striving to be beautiful, because I already am.
I am using fitday because I want to be able to visualize the results without losing motivation.
Currently I am involved in a heat Yoga class and water aerobics , but i need to step up the pace.
Any advice for a girl with three jobs, college and determination?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Helena

My view is that everyone has their unique reasons for being overweight and has to find the path to weight loss that works for them. For me for instance, I go too long without eating and then will eat anything in sight. So for me planning and organizing my food is what I need to make the right choices. I also have to completely abstain from sugary treats, while I know that others are better off to treat themselves once in a while.

It sounds as though for you time is short and so probably too is self care. And it sounds like you have limited time for fitness, if so I don't think you are making the best fitness choices for the time you have. Yoga is not a great calorie burning activity. It's good for you for many difference reasons but you are not going to burn that many calories. I am not dissing yoga I am a yoga teacher and do yoga EVERYDAY but I have to walk/run/swim and do weights to burn calories. When I just do yoga daily I always gain.

Hope that helps.