Notices

New Guy

Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Guy

Greetings everyone. I just joined a biggest looser contest with a group of family and friends. It begins today and ends on Easter Sunday. I'm hoping that using FITDAY and this forum will help keep me focused on my goals.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Hello, and welcome! What a fun motivator...good luck with your challenge.

Let us know if you have any questions, and poke around the forums, and feel free to jump in wherever you like! Glad to have you along. FitDay is great for keeping a focus on goals, but like anything else, it only works if you work it. The 7 day motivational thread is in the women's section now (will be moving, and you can jump in even if you're not female, there are a couple men already) and is a great place to put goals if you are so inclined. It's a bit slow this weekend but tomorrow should see some more activity, the holidays notwithstanding.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello there!

I am new also (one week in). What kind of biggest loser contest did you join? There have been some local ones, including some that you have to pay for (through personal trainers). I never took the leap. I admire you for signing up.

So far the logging is great! I have seen some complaints on the threads about the ads, or the accuracy of the lifestyle calories. However I think that I can make it work. (I started adding sleep as an activity based on what some in the threads said).

As others have said, knowing that you are logging certainly helps with the choices!

Robin
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cybersandman
I'm hoping that using FITDAY and this forum will help keep me focused on my goals.

Hope everyone is well.
Hi Newguy! I think you made a good choice with Fitday. It certainly helped me reach my weightloss goal, and then some. Mainly I've become more aware of the value of what I put in my mouth, and can now estimate the what the results of a meal, or a work out, will feel like down the road.
Don't get discourage if results don't happen fast. For me, I didn't lose a thing for what seemed like forever, but I stuck with it and the results were astounding.

Also, I second the suggestion of rhe Motivation thread in the "women's" section.

- Donna