Notices

New and Nevous

Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default New and Nevous

I've been struggling with my weight since the birth of my youngest son (he's now almost 5!). He has Aspergers and so much of my focus and attention has been on him that I hardly keep track of what goes into my mouth. I also suffer from panic disorder and agoraphobia, making it nearly impossible for me to head out to a gym or other facility. After a year's hard work (mentally) I'm up to walking 1.5 miles twice a week - I want to get to 5 times a week by Christmas! I'm really hoping that forcing myself to access this site at least once a day will remind me to eat more regularly (I'm usually so busy I forget to eat until about 2200 and then binge until bedtime )

Current stats: 5'5" / 272 lbs.
Goal Stats: Gisele Bundchen
Ok, ok, my serious goal weight is 125 lbs.

Last edited by mamagrimlock; 10-20-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Just realized I misspelled "nervous" in my subject. D'oh!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Hey mama, welcome! Sounds like you have a lot going on! Kudos for you for the progress you have made with your walking. And congrats on making the decision to make yourself a priority with respect to your well-being. It is a juggling act, but it can be done. Please feel free to jump in and post wherever you like. If you feel comfortable, the 7-day motivational thread is very friendly and welcoming. We start over every Monday, set goals (but that's not mandatory) and basically just support each other. It's kind of slow on weekends, but you can post if you like...no need to wait for a Monday. I hope we see you !
Old 10-21-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Don't be nervous This is a great site. Taking care of yourself will give you more energy and strength to help you son. Can you exercise with him? I know my grandchildren help keep me active. My autistic grandson loves the water and would spend all day in a pool with me if possible.

Make time for your self. I hope you use all the support that is available.

Mary