Notices

New and all that.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default New and all that.

Hiyas!

Er. Me. Well then.

First up - I'm Australian, so when I start talking about Summer approaching, and kilograms, and kilometres, and etc ... blame the hemisphere.

Anywho. It's Spring, and I have a yearly ritual of vaguely trying to lose weight and get fit and so on for Summer (and life in general, of course - warm weather is just a lot more motivating than howling winds and pouring rains, y'know?). Every year I last about 5 weeks, get insanely bored, and wander off to read a few dozen books instead.

But this year, I say nay! I've actually been doing the whole 'exercise / eat healthy' thing for about 2 months now, and am determined to stick with it, and Any Deity willing, incorporate the changes into the ongoing future.

So, since I plan on making this work this time... I figured I'd stop boring my friends with updates, and start boring people online instead.

Heh. Well. Not really. Am just at the point of being ridiculously bored with the whole process, and thought it might be cool to get some external motivation happening, talk with others who are experiencing similar situations, see what works for other people, all the usual reasons for coming somewhere like this really.

So! If you have any miraculous ways to make exercise enjoyable (endorphins seem to be permanently AWOL), please let me know. :P

Either way, I shall start wandering the forums and hopefully pick up some good ideas!

Over 'n out.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

The only suggestion I have for making exercise enjoyable is to try something new. Join a walking club, start playing a competitive sport, anything different from your usual routine - but add it to your normal routine, don't substitute it. That is, you'll be ramping up you level of activity but the novelty and the interest will be distracting, while you slog along with your baseline exercises.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome!!
Come post some goals for the week in the '7 Day Motivational' thread in the Women's Section. (There are a couple of guys there too.) Never seems to be boring over there.
What kind of exercise are you currently doing? If you give us some details I'm sure you'll get some suggestions to make it less tedious. Feel free to join us in the 'Did you exercise today' thread in the Exercise section also!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey there! and Welcome.

So when did Aussies start saying "anywho" ?

You have a few countrymen/women already joining in so we're used to your topsy-turby world.

So, if you like to read have to looked into some health-inspired reading?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome, and please keep posting - you have a nice writing style!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hey hey!

Thanks muchly to all responders!

Kathy - Heh, yeah, I was going to look into yoga or pilates (which spell check is telling me isn't a word - kind of ironic on this sort of site) or some such.

Rpm - Ah, cool, shall check those threads out. At the moment I'm varying between walking and swimming. I actually smashed my spine up when I was younger, so I can't do anything 'too strenuous' or I can't move for days after. Low-impact is the key.

Run - *scoff* Our world is fine. Tis those pesky Northerners what need to get themselves sorted. And yah, I'm completely fine with reading about health... it's the implementing the physical side I get sick of. :P

Jaime - Why thank you. If it's going to garner further compliments, I'll keep up with the writing.