Notices

Hello

Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Hello

Hi there,
I signed up and am wanting to lose some tummy fat and thigh fat. I know i'm not over weight (used to play many sports and am 18) but I would like to have a flat stomach and thinner legs.

If you have any tips please let me know!
Natalie
Old 10-02-2012, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Natalie,
There is no magical secret. Eat at a deficit (burn more calories then you consume). Limit your simple carbohydrates (sugar, white bread, processed foods) instead eat complex carbs like whole grain bread, oatmeal, vegetables and fruits. Weight train to maintain your muscle base, otherwise you will lose muscle as you diet. Get approximately 30% of your calories from protein. Everyone's body is different so you may need to find the right combination or tweak these suggestions to fit you.

If you have specific questions just ask. Join in the threads you are interested in so you are invested and you have a support network of people that can motivate and encourage you.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Natalie!

Ron is correct. Cardio combined with weight training is the key to shaping, but keep in mind that it's not possible to spot reduce. If you want to have a flat stomach and thinner legs, it will take some diet modifications (resulting in overall fat loss) in addition to the exercise. Good luck, and hope to see you around.