FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (
-   -   Water Recommendations ( 09-25-2012 12:55 AM

Water Recommendations
I know that I have seen several posts on water intake scattered through these message boards, but Im having a heck of a time finding them now that Im actually looking for them! I know that there is a base of 8 8oz glasses per day, but I read that you should add another 8oz for each ??? of pounds you want to looseor ???oz based on current body weight. Can someone jog my memory please?

cjohnson728 09-25-2012 12:01 PM

I don't know that there is a hard and fast rule; don't know that it's ever been researched formally. However, one of our seasoned members lives by the rule of 64 oz. a day, plus an additional 8 oz. for every 10 pounds you want to lose.

Like many other things in this process, it's probably a case of what works best for you personally, which may take some trial and error to determine. I don't even think "experts" can agree on how much water is good to drink without considering weight loss, and whether or not other fluids should count toward that total. 09-25-2012 09:02 PM

Thanks Cassie,

This was the post that I have been looking for. I know I'd seen it several times since I've been poking around the site, but just couldn't put my finger on where. :rolleyes: