Notices

Newbie's comments and questions!!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie's comments and questions!!

Hi Guys
This is a great piece of software and quite addictive - I keep logging in every time i've climbed the stairs

My main question is - where is the FAQ, or at least the basic information about the software? Something that puzzles me is that based on my height, weight and lifestyle, my red 'calories lifestyle' bar on the bar-chart gives a value of 3045 cal, when my BMR is 1900 and can only be bumped up to 2200 using the Harris-Benedict equation... Where does Fitday get its 3045 cal from? (I'm 6 ft 0 in, 209 pounds, work at the computer all day, a little cycling).

My other question is - is there any way of adding millilitres (ml) to the basic food units? There's no metric volume unit. All liquids are sold in ml where I live.

Thanks for any help you can give me
Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome to FD!

The more accurate you can be with your activities, the more accurate the daily calories will be. This means logging in sleeping hours too, which will take quite a lot off of your day. Mine drops from about 2150 to 1850 after logging sleep. You could also try dropping your base activity level settings to a lower amount of activity.

I have the issue with no ml also. The best advice I can give is just to google a converter and convert all the measurements. It's annoying and takes time, but better than nothing.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much Hadena - that really works. I've been logging sleep, driving, walking, desk work etc and it gives a realistic number to work with.

Yeah I'm dealing with the conversion. For a lot of fluids - water based (inc wine and beer...) one gram is as close to one ml as makes no difference. Doesn't work for oils of course.

Anyway thanks again - good luck with your program :-)
Old 09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...inks-tips.html