Notices

New here and desperately need to lose weight

Old 08-21-2012, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here and desperately need to lose weight

Hi all ! I am new to FitDay. I just celebrated my sons 1st birthday recently and I am sad to say that the baby weight and MORE have not been shed yet. I need to lost a total of 120pounds. I feel overwhelmed and I don't know where to start. I have a HIGH addiction to sugar and very low motivation. I decided that I will start tracking my food so that I may see in writing what goes into my belly Hopefully it will motivate me to start eating better and control my sigar cravings. Looking for some friends that will help me along the way. I'm more than happy to help you on your road to success as well!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, glad to have you! You will find many here who have a lot in common with you. Start at the beginning and take one step at a time. For many of us, that means figuring out how many calories you need as compared to what you eat now, and start cutting back. Change one thing at a time and stay involved on the forums for support. Looking forward to seeing you continue to post!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! I also have a sugar addiction (also other simple carbs like white flour), and find that I have to track protein and net carbs as well as calories. But to begin with I just focused on eating a healthy no-carb breakfast each day. That gave me the energy to make more changes.
Two threads that you might find interesting are Atkins and Paleo. A book I have found helpful is Protein Power.
You have made the first steps - good luck finding the path that is healthy for you!