New from Western Australia

Community
Notices

New from Western Australia

Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default New from Western Australia

Hi,

I am from Perth, Australia and have just joined this website on the weekend. I am four days in and have definitely been motivated by the activity of recording food intake and writing down my thoughts. I have never ever participated in a forum before, but after reading comments by others, I do find it is helpful to have other people in your corner, other than your loved ones at home.

I have slowly struggled with weight gain over the years. I was at 72kg when I got pregnant and only gained (much to my amazement) 11 kg during my pregnancy in 2006/7. I was able to get back to 73kg in the first 6 months, but then started study full time and now work full time. I sporadically do exercise activities, along with getting out and about with my family, but nothing too strenuous. I have been doing Polestar Pilates twice a week for several months now and love how my body feels so much stronger. Shame I can't see the toning under the fat!

I am looking forward to staying motivated and shedding a good 20kg in the long term!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Daisy,
Nice to see another fellow Australian, I'm from Central Victoria. I love WA though, and I have family there. I hope you find the forums as helpful as I have, sometimes it can take a bit longer for people to get back to me because I am awake when they are sleeping, if something gets missed try bumping the post at a different time of day. I am usually on most days and I have joined the weekly motivational thread in the women's corner, I find it helps me to stay on track and self aware. (not always but it helps lol) . Anyway, welcome, and I hope to see plenty of you around the forum.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Nihaleh. I realized that this is mostly for US people, but noticed there were a few from down under.

I am hoping for a great journey with a little help from Fit Day!