Intro to a Newbie Mom again >

Intro to a Newbie Mom again

Community
Notices

Intro to a Newbie Mom again

Old 08-08-2012, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Intro to a Newbie Mom again

My name is Cindy I have been overweight for most of my life never at a level I am today. I'm married over 11 years now and we have a 19 year old son and have recently had another baby who is almost 8 months old. Yes starting all over again. We tried for over 10 years to get pregnant and when you stop trying you then get pregnant. So here I am today. Extremely overweight and I have many reasons beyond wanting to feel healthy and better about myself to lose it. I belong to no certain weight management organization. Anyone will tell you its eat right move more that is the key to getting healthy. I've lost weight before and that's all I did. I can do this again and regain my sense of eating to live rather live to eat, but my main battle is stop giving in when I'm prompted for a fast food invite and stop using food as a crutch to make me feel better. I think I have proved to myself, the feel better food is what has helped me get to where I am and is keeping me here. I have already taken off 7 pounds and it feels way better to lose it then to keep it.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome, and congratulations on your new start! Sounds like you know what works for you. You are right on that the "feel good now" eating is also the "feel bad tomorrow" food, and that letting your "inner grownup" make your choices will lead to feeling better.

JaimeMWS
age 56, starting weight 190, current weight 170, goal 150