Notices

Hoping this helps!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I should have said net carbs--or 3 carb choices (like 1/2 large apple is 1 carb).
Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Jenn,
I was just re-reading this post and trying to understand your dietician's recommendations. I am a IT analyst by profession so please bear with me. 30g of carbs times 3 meals a day = 90g of carbs or 360 calories from carbs (carbs and protein contain 4 calories per gram while fat contains 9 calories per gram). Assuming a diet of 1500 calories total that leaves 1140 calories from Protein and Fat. If your dietician is like most then your fat calories would be restricted to about 20% of your total or 300 calories. That would leave protein to fill the other 66% of your diet (840 calories from 210 grams). This means macros are 24% carbs, 20% fat and 66% Protein.
Thanks Ron,
re-checked Diabetes website and they are using 15g per carb so it would actually be 45g (or 30 for breakfast and 15 for mid morning snack). Not knowing how many grams I should have for protein means I don't know if I'm eating the right amount or not. Dietician is only concerned about carbs.

Thank you for your help.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. Thought I would give an update
I have Dr appointment next tues. I have been able to maintain A1C of 7 since diagnosed.

I keep track of how much I exercise by writing it down on a calendar. I have more energy lately too. Unfortunately my weight fluctuates a lot because I retain water with kidney issue. Frustrating to work out for 30-40 mins 5 times a week and see no difference in the scale.

At the end of the day after logging what I ate I can see what sort of meals I had on a good day. Keeping carbs under my allotment is hard because I can't go over 60 grams of protein.

I don't know what I would do without the support of this community.
Thanks

Jenn
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the update Jenn.

You know you can track your exercise on Fitday by using the Activities tab? Just an easy place to log it while you are here logging your food.