Notices

Hello!

Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello!

Hi folks!

My name is Bill, and i'm newish to FitDay. Well, I dabbled with the tools a few years ago...now I'm back and serious.

I'm 43 and have been diabetic for about 13 years now. I never took great care of myself, off again on again with my meds (and the intestinal distress that comes with inconstant Metformin use) but I never experienced any major problems other than mood swings or bad breath because of my diabetes.

Well, things have changed.

My triglycerides are so out of whack, i have bumpy portrusions on my skin from the excess in my system.

I am having the burning sensation in my little toes...probably the start of diabetic neuropathy. (I see my doctor this friday and examine my feet multiple times daily)

So. I can no longer be in denial. I need to lose weight and get my blood sugar under control. I'm starting by logging and being aware of what I eat and fitting in walking a mile during my work day...more exercise later as I build up to it.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Bill 43 yr old, 5'8" 210 lbs.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Bill,
It is never too late to get healthy. There are many members here that started out just like you and are now off the meds. I bet you will find lots of support and advise (maybe whether you want it or not ). So jump into conversation, find a thread that speaks to you, or start one of your own.

We can't wait to read all about your progress.