Notices

Hi everyone

Old 05-31-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Hi everyone

Hi i am Anicia i have recently started my quest to losing weight. I think this is a great site, you guys are really motivating. But i need help in reaching my weight loss goal. Presently my weight is 235 and my doc has asked that i lose that weight. I have started brisk walkin and running up hills. Any advise anyone?

thank you guys
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Anicia,
Welcome to FitDay. It sounds like you are on track with the exercise program.

Now how about the diet? Don't know if your Doc recommended any diet in particular, but one suggestion is to log your food for a week or 2 before you make any changes. Take a look at your nutrient levels, total calories and the pie chart showing % fats, carbs and protein and then make a plan. The tools here will provide lots on information on what needs to change. If you are just consuming too many calories try working on protion size. If (like most of us) you are snacking on cookies, cakes, and chips it will show up as a very high proportion of carbs. Thus, work on finding healthier snacks.

And check back in. We are in this together!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thank you Pam
Old 06-01-2012, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

I think that keeping track of my food intake here really keeps me honest and consistant about what I'm eating. Good luck on your journey and welcome.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Pam and Shawna have it right. Keep in mind also that what works for one person may not work for another - there are many different diet plans out there and I'm sure you will find one that works for you.

I have found that keeping a detailed log of everything I put in my mouth is necessary for me, and on this site (thankfully) it is pretty easy and quick to do. I will 'steal' a comment I saw on another post (Sorry I don't remember who wrote it) but it's keeping me honest:

If you bite it, you write it!

Welcome, and good luck to you!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

thank u shawna and cate i appreciate the advice. I also anticipate your continued support.

Anicia