Notices

Just saying hello

Old 06-02-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just saying hello

Hey Guys. I am Amanda. I will turn 23 on the 10th. I decided to join this site to track my weight loss over the next 6 months.
I am getting weight loss surgery (specificly a gastric sleeve)

I weigh in at 312 pounds. I have struggles with my weight ever since I could remember. In high school I think I was around 200 pounds. In Fall 2007, I had my gall bladder removed and within a year I had gained nearly 100 pounds. I have counted calories, followed diets, exercised, and sure, I would lose a few pounds, but the weight always came back. I alway feel hungery even after I eat enough food for 4 people. I decided I needed to ask for help. I looked into the lapband surgery a few years ago, but after researching, I decided it wasnt for me. I didnt understand why I needed to see a therapist prior to surgery. Now I do. Its not to help me understand why I am overweight, but to make sure I am ready for this life altering surgery.

I am tracking my progress with this site and thru my blog (From Fat to Fit and Fabulous)

I invite all of you to join me on this journey, just I as I am joining you!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Amanda,
Several of our members have undergone some sort of surgical intervention. And there have been a couple threads devoted to that topic. You might try using the search feature to dig them up again. I think it is an important topic for many, and the shared experiences in these threads are very helpful for many in knowing that you are not alone.

You are very wise to agree to participate in therapy. I have a coworker who had surgery several years ago and refused therapy. In my opinion it wasn't a good decision as she continues to struggle with a number of emotional issues including continued poor eating habits that have resulted in some serious secondary health problems.

Best of luck to you and remember we are here for you. Since this is all anonymous, and a judgement-free-zone, lots of us feel free to express outselve here in ways we can't among our family and friends.

Keep us posted on your progress, we are in your corner