Notices

Newbie!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie!

Hey everyone!

Just want to introduce myself. I'm Nicky and I started on FitDay because I need to get re-motivated. I started really working to get into better shape back in February with my fiance. Things were going really great, I was working out daily, watching what I was eating, and then....something awful happened. We got a puppy! Okay, so it hasn't been that awful, its actually been amazingly fun! Except, she's kind of eaten up our morning workout session. So, to say the least I've plateaued after losing 10 lbs. Luckily, I haven't gained any of it back yet **knock on wood** but I'd like to get back into being conscious of my diet and get back in the gym.

Any other bride to be's out there feeling the push to shape up before the wedding? Love to hear from you! Love to hear from anyone for that matter!

Yours in sweatiness,

Nicky
Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nicki,
Aw what fun to have a new puppy! Maybe you and the pup can start an exercise program together . Nothing like running around chasing, being chased by a pup who has only one thing in mind: to please the mistress.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Nicky, welcome!

Congratulations on this exciting time in your life!

Hang in there with that plateau...that's my best advice. It will move; it's just testing you .

Something that might help would be to change up your exercise routine (do something completely different) and/or change up your protein, carb, fat ratios.

And be patient, grasshopper

Jump on into the forums; we've got a busy thread in the women's corner...7 Day Motivational; we start Mondays but people come in at any time. Check it out and join if you like!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

A puppy is a perfect walking buddy! Good luck on losing weight for your wedding and welcome!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nicky! My name is Nik, and I am a groom-to-be, so we're forum twins!

And I'm trying to flatten out some stubborn belly fat over the next several weeks as the countdown to D-Day continues.

I'd say about 80% of fat loss in general has to do with getting your diet tightened up, so start there.

Good luck!