Notices

Starting a fitness routine at 50.

Old 05-19-2023, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting a fitness routine at 50.

Hi, so I am 50 and really want to lose some fat and put on a little muscle...basically I just want to be in good shape. I always have a hard time on where to start and finding the "best" routine. Well I came across this Men's Health Forever-Fir Strength plan that has a workout A and workout B and uses just a few different dumbbells. I thought I would give this a try for 8 weeks and then hopefully that will get me in the route and I will go from there. It says to train every other day for 8 weeks. This may sound a little dumb but do I 1) literally train every other day and those in-between days are my rest days, 2) train Monday, Wednesday, Friday and do like bike riding or something on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday is my rest day? And I am guessing I would alternate between plan A and plan B when I do those workouts? Thank you so much in advance for information.