Community
Notices

Hello Guys

Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello Guys

Well...first of all, I'm new to this forum and wanted to say hi so...HI EVERYONE. Uh...I found this site about three days ago just surfing the net (I do a lot of that).

Anyway I came across this thread, "Ask an (ex) 400+ Pound Guy Anything!" by mecompco and was really impressed and inspired by his story.You see I'm a 400lb guy also and i know that if I don't do something now I WILL DIE...SOON.

I've come to the conclusion that I can't do this by myself so...here I am. Hoping, possibly against all hopes that I can find that something (I don't know what it is) that will trigger that something in my brain (I don't know what that is) that will get me to finally think and act in a manner that I know that I should.

There it is its kind of like an SOS...LOL.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome from another newbie to this forum! I can do what I can to help you with motivation to eat healthier and starting to exercise
- ZC
Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks man!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! Glad my story inspired you to stick around. I just passed my two year anniversary of my lifestyle change (this time). Let me tell you, FitDay is the only thing that has really worked for me. You do have to have some commitment, but once you get into the habit it really works well.

Please feel free to join us in the 100+ pounds to lose thread over in Diet Tips and/or join our Fourth of July challenge.

I've got some before and current (there won't ever be an "after" for me) pictures in the Success Story subforum if you'd like to check that out.

Not to write a novel here, but I totally understand where you're at--that was me two years ago--barely able to walk 50ft. w/o gasping for breath, major pain just getting up from my chair....well, you know the rest!

So, you're in good company here and I hope you stick around. If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on your two year anniversary man.

Also, please write that novel, I wanna read it. You see, the more you talk the more hope I get that I may be able to stick this thing out and beat it. As I am sure you will agree, no one who haven't walked in your shoes can truly understand what its like. The before that is.

In my case the isolation the feeling of hopelessness. Don't get me wrong I go out in public, I socialize, I have good friends that try to offer good intentioned advice but as I said before they cant really understand.

Believe me, even tho I haven't accomplished one iota of what you have I know what you mean when you say that there wont be an after.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Chaoeba
Congrats on your two year anniversary man.

Also, please write that novel, I wanna read it. You see, the more you talk the more hope I get that I may be able to stick this thing out and beat it. As I am sure you will agree, no one who haven't walked in your shoes can truly understand what its like. The before that is.

In my case the isolation the feeling of hopelessness. Don't get me wrong I go out in public, I socialize, I have good friends that try to offer good intentioned advice but as I said before they cant really understand.

Believe me, even tho I haven't accomplished one iota of what you have I know what you mean when you say that there wont be an after.
Thanks!

And you're right--being as big as we are/were is like being in a whole different world and no one who hasn't been there can fully appreciate what it's like.

I sure hope you're at the point to fully commit to this and just git-r-done! I'm pretty sure I wasn't all that far from a major heart attack/stroke and for whatever reason my "switch" got flipped and I decided to come back to FitDay (having used it to go from 400ish down to 184 back in '01).

Now, being older and perhaps a little wiser I realize that I can't be trusted to eat "normally" and that I'll likely have to log my calories forever. Really a small price to pay.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any help--I'm really no expert but I do know what has worked for me.

Regards,
Michael