Notices

18 year old looking to get started

Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

Smile 18 year old looking to get started

Hello! I'm new to FitDay and excited to use it throughout my fitness and weight loss journey. I'm definitely on the younger side but I think I'm aiming for a lot of the same things as all of you.
Currently I'm 5'7" and 140 pounds, in decent shape but definitely nothing impressive. My goal is to train for my first half marathon, and decrease body fat while increasing muscle mass by the end of August. My ideal weight would be 120 pounds but my focus, instead of the scale, is going to be how I look/how my clothes fit. My goal with food is just to be really aware of what nutritional value I get out of each thing I consume, rather than counting calories (as I've done for months).

Anyone share some of these goals? I'd love to have a few online friends to chat with while I do this. I've got a friend training me for the marathon but she isn't into nutrition (she eats four times what I do because she burns so many calories!).
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, I like your focus on how you look and your clothes fit rather than the scale. After your 1/2 Marathon is over I would suggest you look into weight/resistance training as an alternative to running to get the body you want. Check out Bodybuilding.com (free site). The Transformation of the week articles have some great examples of women who have achieved tremendous results through weight training. There are multiple stories of women who did cardio regularly but never saw the results the wanted until they weight trained.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

thank you for the suggestion! I'm also weight training but perhaps I should re-think my goals.