45 yr old newbie here! >

45 yr old newbie here!

Community
Notices

45 yr old newbie here!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default 45 yr old newbie here!

Hi I'm Laura and I'm 5'3 and weigh 270. My ultimate goal would be to get down to 140. I have been recently diagnosed with diabetes and in desperate need of an online weight loss buddy to talk to to help me stay motivated. I always start off great for the first couple of weeks but then I get bored with the food and just give up. I also hate that my 'fat' clothes are getting too tight. Sadly, I think I've finally hit rock bottom so I NEED to start losing this weight before it gets any worse. Any words of advice or encouragement would be so appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Laura,

Good job on getting started! My suggestion would be to start using the weekly "motivational" thread in the women's support group section. It's done wonders for keeping me on track. Everyone there is really supportive and helpful. It's a great little community.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Laura,

Welcome to FitDay! It is hard to get started but once you do you will find it so worth it. The first thing I did when I came to this forum was found the 100 lbs to lose thread in the diet tips section. There is some very good reading in that thread. So much inspiration!

The more often you post, the more you will get to know everyone. We are all very supportive of each other. There is a great thread every week in the women's only corner too. We motivate and keep each other accountable. We talk about fitness, what to eat / not to eat, and just life in general too. I don't know where I would be without this group of FitDay users by my side.

Stick around, log your foods, make conversation. The journey is long but doesn't have to be boring.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Nobe, I'll be sure to check it out!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Just Getting Started

Hello,

I am just getting started. I have cut out all soda and that is really helping. I find myself getting really hungry by the afternoon and evening and need reminders not to pig out. So far so good. I am making good progress but am hoping to lose a 156 lbs by June 2013. I need help staying motivated to keep working out and to make healthier choices for meals

Starting weight 4/29 326 lbs
Weight as of 5/10 308.5 lbs
Pounds to go: 138.5