Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hello All,

I just started fit day. Last year I used Jillian Michaels online program with great success, but now i am looking for a cheaper version to keep it up.

Can anyone tell me how to simply enter how many calories i burned during exercise instead of adding an activity? I have a wristband thingy and I track my own cals.

Any help is much appreciated!
Sarah
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Sarah, congrats on your progress so far, and welcome to FitDay.

Logging your own calories burned isn't an option at this time, though supposedly an option to customize an activity is in the works.

For now, what you might consider doing is finding an exercise that's similar, then tweaking it to match your calories from your own monitor. Try to keep the duration the same, otherwise it throws off your base metabolism count by messing with that time.

I have a heart rate monitor and what I used to do to get the calories to match was, for example, put in 25 minutes of walking 4.5 mph and 15 minutes of walking 4.0, or 40 minutes of tennis, singles, and 20 of tennis, doubles, just to get the calories to work out. If you're lucky, you can pick one activity and it will be pretty close.

I'm waiting for that upgrade, too!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Be aware those devices(and websites) are only approximations. Everyone is different in their efficiency at any particular activity.
The only true gauge is whether you're losing fat/gaining muscle.