Notices

Uk fatty

Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Uk fatty

Hi all, well this is my first day,
276lbs and hopefully the only way is down!!!
Still a bit unsure as to whether I can do this, tried near enough everything,, think that's the problem too much choice like with food
Well I hope I can make it through the first week.

Would love to hear how everyone else finds it, and any tips would be GREAT

Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi - I am about to start this journey also and would love to have some support. Starting at my highest 250 and feeling horrible. Can't believe where I am at. Good luck to you also
Old 04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hey clairmarie, I know how you feel, this is the first day of our skinny lives, so I think if we look out for each other, we'll be skinny minis before we know it

Keisha
Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome! You've come to the right place if you're truly ready to make some lifestyle changes. It won't be easy, but you may find it easier than you think, once you've made the committment.

I think my first word of advice would be not to focus on the total amount you'd like to lose--that tends to be overwhelming (hey, at well over 400 when I started, I KNOW!). Instead, just focus on losing one pound--heck, that's easy! Then, focus on losing another pound and so on.

Don't be in a hurry--that weight didn't appear overnight and it's going to take time to get rid of it, but you CAN do it. If you need help or advice, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the site! There is lots to read & learn here and many people to encourage you along the way. This has to be a lifestyle change. It isn't something you can do just until the weight is gone. Look forward to seeing you around the boards.