Notices

Made it through the first week!

Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Made it through the first week!

Hi,
I found Fitday just cruising the Internet looking for a good way to keep track of what I eat and this is a great tool. I have seen a nutritionist and am supposed to eat 83 grams of protein daily to help ward off my cravings for carbs. I like the graphs to keep track and motivate me. I'm 54 years old, 5'1" and started out at 149 pounds. My goal is 125. I'm already down two pounds I teach kids in a very stressful environment and nervous eating is one of my unfortunate coping mechanisms. I have a health club membership and don't make good use of it regularly now that my yoga buddy has moved. Yoga has been a good stress reliever for me. If anyone is interested in cheering me on, I'd appreciate the support. Many thanks and good luck to all of you out there.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Hunydew ~

You found a great place! I love FitDay for the combination of tools and people interaction.

You have great goals. I hope you can soon find a new yoga partner! Please continue to pop in on other threads to help you stay motivated & encouraged.

Welcome aboard the FitDay forums!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome !
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

That first week is the hardest! You made it through. Push through now and stick with it! Posting here and getting to know everyone helps me with accountability and knowing there are other people going through the same thing really helps too.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forums and FitDay Hunydew Congrats on losing 2 lbs! Having to deal with stress is rough and yoga helps with stress a lot I think, so I really hope you can find a yoga partner soon.

Keep up the yoga on your own till then tho, who knows maybe you'll meet someone new at the gym. Even if they might not be a new yoga partner it might help to get to know others.

Take some time out for just you and to get out of the home and work environment and keep doing your yoga at the gym, it's important to think of yourself too so you can deal with the stress For the snacking maybe eat some oranges or drink lemon water, the vitamin C helps people to deal with stress. I tend to get stressed and so far that seems to help me sometimes so maybe it'd help you too?

Good luck on your protein and weight loss goals! Keep finding the positives in things
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunydew
Hi,
I found Fitday just cruising the Internet looking for a good way to keep track of what I eat and this is a great tool. I have seen a nutritionist and am supposed to eat 83 grams of protein daily to help ward off my cravings for carbs. I like the graphs to keep track and motivate me. I'm 54 years old, 5'1" and started out at 149 pounds. My goal is 125. I'm already down two pounds I teach kids in a very stressful environment and nervous eating is one of my unfortunate coping mechanisms. I have a health club membership and don't make good use of it regularly now that my yoga buddy has moved. Yoga has been a good stress reliever for me. If anyone is interested in cheering me on, I'd appreciate the support. Many thanks and good luck to all of you out there.
Hi
I'm also 54, an australian living in Australia, I work full time as an optical dispenser. I joined up last week at 206.8lbs (94kg) and am now 204lbs (92.8kg) through tracking my food, my goal is really a dress size (Aussie 12), I don't know what that converts to with your sizing, my guesstimate would be about 169lbs. Sorry I forgot to mention my height which is 5'6".
Annmarie
Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default CONGRATS!!! Keep it going!!

Good for you!! Keep it going. One thing I have a problem with is staying motivated beyond the 1st week but we must remember change doesn't happen over night. KEEP GOING!! Again, congratulations!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your first week!