FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   JACKDUP is Baaaack! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/7130-jackdup-baaaack.html)

jackdup 04-07-2012 12:23 AM

JACKDUP is Baaaack!

1 Attachment(s)
Well,
I was doing so great up until, I was forced to move back to the U.S.A.
In doing so, I had to give up my hormone replacement therapy, due to mostly monetary restrictions, and availibility.

When I first arrived, in late September, I was still okay way into the begining of December, and my 55 birthday.

In the states, I did not have a car, so at first I walked as much as a bag lady.

When I got job, it was 21 miles away from the home base, and I was taking buses and walking.

At my work, they never had seen anyone eat as much salad as me.

O my birthday, I caught vertigo, and from that point on, I started going down hill.

I was down to 193, at one point, but then it all went to hell.

Getting to the gym was a major production.

I bought a vehicle, and stopped the extensive amount of walking.

At 209, at looking down at my fat belly, I decided today to start logging my food intake, and stop making excuses, and get lean again, and finally reach my goal.

Some fitday members have special challenges with work, family, school etc, and it is not easy to stay committed through all of your time constraints, that is for sure.

I am lucky, because when I am back in Colombia, I shouldn't have any excuses.

On top of all of that, I can start my hormone replacement therapy regimen once again.

This was what I was using before I left.

When I started, I realized that no matter what, there is NO Magic Pill, that unless you diet and excercise, you will not be able to change the way that you look.

My favorite things are walking, pushups, and the gym.

I must say, too, that without FITDAY, I would find weight loss extremely difficult, because unless you are counting calories and macro nutrients, your weight will stay the same.

I am glad to be back, and as soon as I have some interesting pics to post,
then I will post them.

My weight today is 209 lbs, my goal weight is 185

01gt4.6 04-07-2012 04:38 AM

Good luck and welcome back.

VitoVino 04-07-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by jackdup (Post 78438)
Well,

I must say, too, that without FITDAY, I would find weight loss extremely difficult, because unless you are counting calories and macro nutrients, your weight will stay the same.

Ain't that the truth!

Good to see you back, Jack. Best wishes on your rededication. Oh, and we've got some new threads you may find useful:

FitDay's BEST OF Series

Francisca_M 04-09-2012 11:32 AM

Welcome back! Sounds like you've had a lot going on but you seem pretty strong to make it through all of that and you seem pretty determined now too so I'm sure you'll hit your goal of 185 :D Keep taking it a day at a time like anything else, you'll get it :)