Notices

Fitday Rocks!

Old 03-28-2012, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday Rocks!

I went to the doctor for my physical 15 days ago- I had a hard year last year - sold my home and son diagnosed with autism - I turned to food and non exercise and gained weight. So I had blood work done and I got to doctors and I was 212 pounds and I am 5 foot 7 - that is 11 more pounds than I was at full term with my son! So blood work showed cholesterol at 230 - and that second that moment I knew I was going to change lifestyle of eating - I did this before 3 years ago but this time - it's going to be forever .....I came home, googled how to lose 50 pounds and fit day came up - I used to go to weight watchers so I am familiar with charting and journaling food - in fact I have to journal food to lose it ! so I new my weight - took all my measurements and began that day that minute- I went no coffee cold turkey and black tea only - I had to have cream and sugar in my coffee and then I gave up gluten and wheat and bread and coors light - which I love!!! but I ate only fish and roots and fruits and nuts and beans......I made it simple....recipes are just whatever adds color to the plate . It has been 15 days - I am down 17 pounds and 12 inches ....it was not rocket science - I just felt so great after the first 5 days - believe me my body was mad - it gave me some headaches for sure - but then magically it agreed to changes - I am not hungry anymore - I am happy and have energy ! and my face is thinner and people have already noticed - and I only weigh myself once a week at a friends house not here I don't want a scale and I do the measuring once a week. My job is active I clean and organize housees but I throw in a walk here and there and The Firm a few days a week which is weight resistence - and I drink tons of water - no soda not even diet - just good ole water ....my eyes are bright my body is shrinking - and I am inspiring people ....it's all good
Old 03-29-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey, welcome to FitDay and thanks for sharing your success! I'll agree that as long as you work it, using FitDay to keep a calorie deficit is THE way to lose weight (almost) painlessly.

Regards,
Michael