Notices
View Poll Results: Do you think I will reach my goal in one year from now?
Yes
25.00%
Honestly, No
0%
Its Possible, But It Won't Be Easy
83.33%
I have my doubts, but its not impossible.
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

105 Pounds in 365 Days. Friends needed.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Default 105 Pounds in 365 Days. Friends needed.

Good Evening. My name is Katie, I'll try to make my story as clear and brief as physically possible. I'll try not to ramble(:

Firstly, my journey I have committed myself to is completely secret. Because I hold my weight fairly well, I don't think people would treat the same. The only people who know, are my mother, myself, and my nutritionist.

Moving on! I'm a young adult dealing with colleges, job applications, my weight loss journey, becoming a better cook and driver, the deployments and travels of my wonderful fiance, making myself an overall better person, getting my grades where they once were, and future plans in general.

Blessed: I have wonderful friends, family, and a wonderful fiancee who has recently began training for leave for the USMC coming up shortly.

Rewind! The past few years have been a huge upset and disappointment for me.

Recent aggravating mountains I've had to climb and tragedies to get over, gave me a major loss of hope. Though I once had an hour glass figure, and fairly impressive grades, My weight skyrocketed from 160lbs, to a whopping 260lbs, and my grades dropped considerably. I'm 5'5, I used to have an hour glass figure, and now its an apple. My philosophy now is to thank God I made this self realization to change at a young age, and to not waste time regretting things you can't change.

Where I went Wrong:
Food was my savior/ downfall. Horrible binging habits, and making myself feel better with food caused my dramatic weight gain. To depress myself further, I always compared myself to my older brothers who are perfect in athletics, and are ivy league students, and have incredibly fit bodies.

My Motivation: I know someday, that I too can look as beautiful as I know I can be. I recently purchased an exercise bike that will be delivered to my home shortly, and my goal is to work out 6 days a week, with weight training in between. For dieting, after months of having diet failures and gaining weight back, I have come to a happy medium with a 1,200 calorie diet that I will boost when I start working out.

I want to stop being made fun of. I want to be able to go out, and be praised, and not humiliated, and enjoy being who I am. I want to live a long healthy life, look my best for me, my friends, my fiance, and my self esteem, and to enjoy my healthy, well working body while its in its young state, and look good and feel good about myself for once in my life. I want to be beautiful.

The beginning: In the past three weeks I had dropped 13 pounds, from my peak weight of 260lbs which was my motivator to start my journey, and to finish it with my goal results. I'm fully aware that big weight loss will not happen every three weeks, because of this, and the sooner I start exercise, the more the weight will melt off. I am going to weigh in every three weeks, so I don't get discouraged by the natural human weight loss differences.

What I want to gain and experiences from this site:

I am hoping to find some friends like, diet buddies, people who have already had success, people I can share my journey with, and their journeys with. I know if I find friends on this website, It could be like a separate family, so I don't ultimately keep my journey a secret, I can be motivated even more, and share in my weight loss experience with people who can relate, and share in the beginning of a long, hard, stressful, and rewarding journey of a 105lb weight loss to put me somewhere in the 140s. Get advice for my college journey, to turn my life around, and worrying and waiting for my husband to be to come home.

My goal is to weigh between 140-145lbs on March 19th 2013. I have already lost 13 pounds since my start date of 2.27.2012 Will you help me, and let me help you?

I'm sorry for the rambling. I hope this wasn't to much to read.

(Advice with getting rid of extra skin, elbow, fat and arm fat etc.. would be helpful! Also, does anyone know if weight loss makes you lose your curves? I don't want those to be gone. Only pleasing thing about me at the moment! )

Please reply, add, message me, answer the poll!
Thank you for joining my on my journey, I would love to join you on yours.

Last edited by mydaywillcome; 03-19-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Poorly written at first.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Nice to have you aboard!

Katie, it sounds like you understand yourself and what's going on with you emotionally as well as physically. Please remember that we do it not only for weight loss, but also for fitness. It's a long journey, isn't it?! Support helps us tremendously.

It's great how you have a wonderful family. Think of specific ways they can help you & let them know. Each person in my family have their own way that I request for their help in my becoming fit. It means a lot to me and a lot to my family as well.

It's definitely possible that you'll be a different person in a year from now!

If you look around these forums you'll find people that inspire. Stick around here for continued support and help.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to meet you. I am always looking for buddies :-) You can change anything you want. The only thing holding you back from everything you want is yourself. So let's get going and keep going! :-)
Old 03-24-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Katie,

I really loved reading your post, you sound so positive and I am sure you will be down to your fighting weight in the not too distand future.

I want to wish you all the best.

I am also starting my weight loss journey, I joined a few months ago, but have not been able to stick to any plans or diets, dut to family illness.

We all know that losing weight is important, but when our nearest and dearest are in and out of hospital, all the dieting and calorie counting gets put on the back burner.

Anyway, I wish you all well in your quest, and hope that you all become "losers".

Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

It can be done, if you want it bad enough. mecompco lost 200 pounds in a year!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

I too am trying to get back on the wagon...so to say. My goal is certainly less then impressive then you. I want to get to my wedding weight where my groom carried me over the threshold...55 lbs, 19.35 years, 4 kids, 1 heart bypass (My DH not me!) ago and all the trials and tribulations that are just life. My goal is to loose it by my 20th anniversary in late November. I have 2 free airline tickets that I hope to take my groom to my parents condo in Phoenix while my oldest is home from college and my parents are still in their northern home. (Vacation on the cheap because we gotta pay for the college some how!) Lets check in from time to time and keep ourselves honest.