Notices

Hi ...trying to lose 25 pounds :)

Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi ...trying to lose 25 pounds :)

Hi my name is Molly. I am trying to lose 25 pounds and looking to get and give support. I have tried 2 week of Weight Watchers and lost 3 pounds first week. 2nd week I gained a pound. I am aiming for 25 points a day and used 25 extra oints on the weekends. I am finding it really hard.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Molly, it's real tough to lose weight. It takes a lot of focus, but it is doable. I've seen people around here making great strides. Lots of support, ideas and even a push or two in the right direction when needed. Keep popping in on other threads & continue to make yourself known. We all learn from each other.

I myself go up & down, but am overall on the downward trend. Sunday I did real bad eating wise, but that was yesterday & I focused on today. Today, I did much better & feel better. You will have your great moments too!

Oh yes, click on the bottom of my signature & open up a world of ideas & help. It truly is a treasure of information pulled together by a fellow member. (Vito)

Hope to keep seeing you around these parts!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Default Hi MOLLY

If you want to loose weight, you have to stay committed to your plan. I lost 35lbs in 12weeks. IT WAS TOUGH! I stuck to a diet plan consisting of eating the right kinds of foods and eliminating the bad ones. It is not easy but if you are committed, you will follow your diet plan. I had 6 healthy and proportioned meals in a day totaling 1,200 calories. However, I eliminated in my diet plan red meat, pork, fried foods, junk foods, and processed foods and added more of a healthier foods such as vegetables, green salads, fruits, grilled/roast/bbq chicken and fish, nuts, grains, etc. Along with my diet, I included exercise. For the 1st week, I walked 2 miles. Then every week after, I walked less and jogged more. By end of the 4th week, I was jogging 2 miles without stopping or walking. On my 8th week of my weight loss, I ran into a plateau. I was struggling and working extra hard to shed the pounds. I stopped jogging and enrolled myself to an intense boxercise workout at my local gym. On the 10th week, I started to loose more weight. I was 39 years old last year and diabetic since I was 35 years old. My weight last year before I started on the weight loss 206lbs. After 12 weeks, I lost 35lbs and weighed 171lbs. And because of my weight loss, I am no longer diabetic, just as long as I continue to watch my diet and continue to exercise.

Do NOT get discouraged if you gain a pound or two or do not loose any weight. You have to be patient with your body and continue to feed your body with the right foods. Stay motivated and focused.

Good Luck!

Julz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Final Pictures Front.JPG (56.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg
julie178.JPG (86.8 KB, 9 views)