Notices

Hello

Old 03-19-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello

Hi, I've been hanging around this site for the last couple of years trying to diet and not doing so well at sticking to it.

I need to make a serious go of it now though as my wedding is in September. I've already lost 7lb just by reducing what I'm eating but then plateaued for a couple of weeks and still need to lose 44lb before July (because that's when the dress fitting is).

I've just began a strict low-carb diet to try to get a lot of the weight off although I'd welcome any other tips or tricks.

Last edited by KoolKatUK; 03-19-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Talking How exciting!

Welcome aboard, KoolKatUK! What a motivational target date - your wedding. Congrats on the weight that you did lose. I invite you to click onto the link on the bottom of my siganture. You'll find many different topics such as plateaus.

~~~~~~~~
My 2 cents worth:
I encourage you to log your food/activity consistently so that you see what you're eating and doing. It gives quite a visualization and it teaches us what is better quality.

I also encourage you find ways to make your health journey fun and ways that you'll be able to continue with after your wedding. Participating on the forums has been a HUGE fun factor for me and my "secret" to exploring lifestyle changes.
~~~~~
Wishing you onto a healthier & fitter you!

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-19-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Koolkat

From a fellow Brit - hi !

I have lost 9lb but I am taking it at snail place on purpose but my thought is that it has taken my many years to put on the weight so I need to be patient in losing it!

Sara (Bristol UK)
8.30pm
Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi fit4luv, thanks for the link, there's loads of great stuff there (might take me a while to go through it all though lol. )

To be honest, I'd originally planned to lose the weight before now but didn't seem to be able to get together the motivation to stick to it until the bridal shop told me that's when I'll need to go in to have my dress fitted.

I used to be about 135lb but started putting on weight when I moved in with my fiancé. He loves to eat but unlike me he has a great metabolism and until now, I have been taking on his eating habits. I put on a further stone when I quit smoking.

Hi Sara750S. Congrats for the 9lb. That sounds like a good reason to go slow. I've heard that losing weight too quickly means it won't stay off but I've also heard other research recently that suggests otherwise. Personally, I think it depends as everybody has different body types, metabolism etc.

I think it mostly boils down to what is most comfortable as people are less like to stick to something that is like slow torture.

I'm going to try to start getting used to exercising more often too so that after the wedding, hopefully I won't pile it all straight back on again (plus I want to tone up a bit).
Old 03-21-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

You're welcome! If you can't find my signature, look on top of the forums for the same links. This past week I was re-reading certain portions. I'm not sure I'll ever be done reading!

Habits do come back as you work on them. Since last December I've been working on certain habits, and now I'm doing some of them more naturally. I was the least, motivated person then.

For instance, my body craves water first thing in the morning. Last December my taste buds acted repulsed at the thought of drinking water first thing in the morning. Also, I decided that mornings work best for me for exercise and I had to really push myself to do it. Now as I exercise in the morning -> On many mornings (not all), I feel like I'm giving myself a treat & it's just part of what I do.

I share these things for encouragement, but then again, you have only to look at what you've accomplished with kicking the smoking habit.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
FitDay Member

Cool, thanks. He he, there is a lot to read here and new info, tips etc are being added all the time.

Morning seems to be the best time for me to exercise too otherwise I end up putting it off all day until I think 'I'll do it tomorrow'.

I'm going to look at getting a cross trainer though so that might help. I used to love using the one at our old gym but since we've moved, there's no gym nearby.

Once it's here I'm going to try forcing myself to do it every morning before work and hopefully it'll become habit for me too.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I like your plans.