Notices

How do you stay committed??? Tips Needed!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default How do you stay committed??? Tips Needed!

Blah! I wish I could just get my mind to commit to doing what it takes to lose weight! I beat myself up so much- which I know is totally unproductive. I just end up taking the easy way out too often. 3, yes I said 3 Cadbury Creme Eggs eaten today YIKES! But I did eat my healthy breakfast sandwich today and my 1 quart leafy green smoothie. Why must I always sabotage myself!!!!!

Does anyone have tips on how to keep my mind focused on the prize in the face of temptation, old habits and self negativity!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

I'm just starting myself. It is only day 3 and already I've craved and eaten a couple Dove milk chocolate candies. I feel like I want to taste someting chocolatey in my mouth after a meal. I found a cool quote that I taped up everywhere. We'll see if it helps. The quote is: Stop Rewarding Yourself with Food - You are NOT a dog! I'll let you know if that motivation helps me. The goal is to loose 30 lbs by end of Sept 2012.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Go ahead and let yourself have a small amount of chocolate a day. Put it in your log at the beginning of the day so you work around it. It takes away the guilt, and for me, the cravings.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

Just a thought about eatting chocolate I had when I was reading your posts about this, you might want to buy some of those low fat and/or low sugar chocolate pudding cups and eat 1 of those per day. You might need to read the amount of caleries and fat content in each of those first but that is a thought I had as far as handling chocolate cravings without worrying about gaining weight.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there

With ref to the choc or sweet things, you have to remember that at the start you are withdrawing almost a drug so do it slowly. Dont cut out all sweet things but reduce them. That way your body will get used to less sugar without that sudden taking it away.

For motivation - I have set myself 4 milestones and a present at each. For half stone a beautiful bag which was £68, 1 stone a Blackberry, 1.5 stone a new laptop and for the target 2 stone a small flower tattoo !!!!!

Good luck

Sara
UK 8.30am
Old 03-19-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

It isn't the end of the world if you have something to eat that is not on your plan. Just pick up where you stopped and start again. You can start with each week, day, meal or hour. It doesn't matter when, as long as you start again. So you had 3 cadbury creme eggs. Log them and try to plan the rest of your day around them. You will have to create a custom food for them ( I know as they are my Easter weekness). But it truly isn't the end of the world. As long as you are doing generally better, you will see changes. Now I am not saying you can gorge for a few hours and then eat a salad and it will equal out. But I'm pretty sure you know what I'm getting at. And it isn't like you are doing this every day. If you are doing it every day, that is going to be a problem. You won't get very far with your weight loss that way.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I try to account for the few pieces of chocolate that I know I will eat when I get home from work so i put it in in the morning I usually try to plan and portion out all my food either in the morning or the night before so i can tell myself this is what there is to eat today and when its gone its gone
I also have promised myself things when I reach a goal for me its a new hair cut when I get to 155
Old 03-19-2012, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Thanks for some great tips!

Thanks everybody for all the great tips! I do feel much better and am developing a plan of attack.

I've decided to allow myself some semi sweet chocolate chips when I have a chocolate craving. At least I will be getting some mono unsaturated fatty acids that way and I do find that if I have a few chocolate chips, I'm satisfied. Unlike when I have a Cadbury Creme Egg- I could eat 10 of those at one sitting and still not be satisfied!

Logging the chocolate chip in at the start of the day and working around it for the remainder is a great idea. I found it helpful to be able to "tweak" what I'm planning to eat for the rest of the day~ no guilt!

I also liked the idea of posting some inspiration quotes around the house. I'm planning to find a new inspiration quote or focus on something positive each day. Trying to get out of the habit of beating myself up all the time! On to a brighter future
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default Creme Eggs!

OK, so what's with the Cadbury Creme Egg add at the bottom of the Weight Loss Tips screen???? And its right next to the Slimband add! Seriously, is this a sign!!! LOL

Last edited by blahyaddablah; 03-19-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sara750S
Hi there

For motivation - I have set myself 4 milestones and a present at each. For half stone a beautiful bag which was £68, 1 stone a Blackberry, 1.5 stone a new laptop and for the target 2 stone a small flower tattoo !!!!!
I've been rewarding myself for my milestones too! For reaching my first goal, I ended up finally getting the tattoo that I've been wanting for years! Looks great on my less chubby shoulder! My next reward is a facial and/or pedicure! It's a wonderful motivator!