Hello everyone, I'm new here >

Hello everyone, I'm new here

Community
Notices

Hello everyone, I'm new here

Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello everyone, I'm new here

Hi, my name is Lu Anne and I underwent gastric bypass surgery Aug 23, 2005. I have lost over 115 pounds and now am working to keep maintaining. I need to log food I have eaten because the last couple of months I have been out of control on the sweets eating and have gained 5 pounds. That may not sound like much but I am now just over the BMI that is healthy and I need to stop gaining and get that 5 pounds off (I need to see the Dr. but want the pounds off first!) The weight loss process was hard with consequences for overeating or eating too many carbs (like one cookie.) I still get sick when I overeat and that is a good check for me. My problem is my body has had carbs and is used to the sugar so I don't get dumping syndrome which is a good way of keeping in check because it is so unpleasant. Now is the really hard part - maintaining for a lifetime. I hope that logging my food (which is suggested by ny nutritionist) will help me see the amounts I eat and help me change.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome dlkobs,
Huge kudos on your tremendous victory over the obesity.

As you indicate, now you are ready to start the rest of your life as a healthy person. Let me tell you that it is a struggle for all of us, those with 100 pounds to lose and those with only a few. And maintaining is a whole new kind of battle. Fortunetly, it is one that will get easier as you get in the habit of making good choices. I'll say from my perspective that it isn't about banning food for life (although some do find that they need to avoid foods that trigger bad eating behavior), it is about relegating some foods to occassional treats while relying on healthy choices for day to day sustainence.

I think you will find FitDay a super tool for understanding what your healthy choices are. The trick is to be brutally honest in your logging and religously faithful. If you make that commitment for yourself I see nothing but success in your future.

Join the fun here on the forums and keep up posted, good, bad or indifferent. We are all here to support one another.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lu Ann, congrats on losing the weight. I think FitDay will work very nicely for you as you maintain your weight loss. Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hello.. I am also new here. Just saying hello to everyone.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Welcome, Lu Anne! There's not much more to add except I hope to see you around the forums.

Welcome, jpaclibar! Be sure to join in on the other threads. There's lots of wonderful support.

Just saw I put wrong name into second welcome & so I changed it.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-14-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Wrong name. Changed name.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

WELCOME! lots of help to be had here in the forum!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Lu Ann! I have a friend who had gastric bypass over 12 yrs ago. She lost 125 lbs in the first year and has been maintaining it ever since. I'm sure it is hard as her husband is a phenomenal chef with the company that I work for and she has been in food sales marketing for all those years as well. If she can do it, you can too!