Notices

Hi Ya Fellow Fat Releasers!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 128sept
Thanks! Wow Michael you sure have come a LONG way! I do not know why but I feel like I can REALLY accomplish this!
Thank you! And if "I" can do this, you certainly can. Come up with an eating plan you can stick with that give you a decent average daily calorie deficit and stick with it and you can't fail. Do keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Each day I am trying to (early on) give my self a little freedom as in keep the caloric intake down reasonably get in some real nice raw and healthy fruits/veggies/juice and like the other day I allowed myself a few tortilla chips and hummus because I craved a salty snack, although it was not the healthiest I could have done worse and in eating these (and counting it in my daily intake) I stayed On my fat-reduction-plan, I think if I would not have allowed it I would have been more likely to Blow it! Again this is early on as I work at getting away from bad choices (or less desirable ones) I had just the one soda yesterday and will do so today and think I may have successfully tapered off in a way to either totally avoid a caffiene withdrawal headache or at least minimize it greatly!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Each day I am trying to (early on) give my self a little freedom as in keep the caloric intake down reasonably get in some real nice raw and healthy fruits/veggies/juice and like the other day I allowed myself a few tortilla chips and hummus because I craved a salty snack, although it was not the healthiest I could have done worse and in eating these (and counting it in my daily intake) I stayed On my fat-reduction-plan, I think if I would not have allowed it I would have been more likely to Blow it! Again this is early on as I work at getting away from bad choices (or less desirable ones) I had just the one soda yesterday and will do so today and think I may have successfully tapered off in a way to either totally avoid a caffiene withdrawal headache or at least minimize it greatly!
I think you have to let yourself have something you're craving now and then, or you'll just be miserable. I've told myself I can have chocolate every day, just a reasonable amount (1/2 a serving of plain dark chocolate), and a lot of days I don't even want it. But I know that if I want a treat after dinner I can have it. Otherwise I'd just be sitting there thinking "chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate" and I'd probably end up going out and buying a chocolate cake.

And hummus is a pretty healthy treat, relatively speaking
Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, it is like we have to play a bit of Mind Games with ourselves and maybe hope we do not wise up and catch on to our reverse psychology! But yeah if you KNOW you have a little treat available your not maybe going to be as likely to stand staring into a cupboard drooling! Thanks for the tip, cause chocolate will never be a total taboo word to me!!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

The other thing I do a lot of the time is put it in at the beginning of the day so I work around it, and if I don't end up having it, I take it back off and am down 120 calories for the day. Takes more of the guilt away because I'm not adding it on to a full day of food, and it turns into a positive on the days that I can take it back off the log.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Still doing well, have my moments but been manageable so far!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hello 128Sept,

I would have to agree with Nobe. Allow yourself a cheat here and there. Hummus is actually pretty healthy for you, a small amount of dark chocolate each day or evey other day is also very healthy as well.

Originally Posted by nobe
I think you have to let yourself have something you're craving now and then, or you'll just be miserable. I've told myself I can have chocolate every day, just a reasonable amount (1/2 a serving of plain dark chocolate), and a lot of days I don't even want it. But I know that if I want a treat after dinner I can have it. Otherwise I'd just be sitting there thinking "chocolate chocolate chocolate chocolate" and I'd probably end up going out and buying a chocolate cake.

And hummus is a pretty healthy treat, relatively speaking
If you are looking for something like chips and soda, if you have not tried them already, my couple suggestions would be Pop Chips and Zevia.

Pop Chips
low fat, low calorie air popped potato chips loaded with flavor.
My fav is the BBQ.

Zevia
all natural ZERO calorie soda sweetened with stevia
my favorite is the black cherry. The cola flavor tastes just like Pepsi or Coke

s

Last edited by SteveO20; 03-11-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Still at it, pleased with the way I am feeling empowered by simply having lowered my intake, and in passing up things. Will be gearing things up inthe coming days as I get the hang of what I have implemented so far.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

I look forward to sharing your goals. I am new to this site and have a long way to go. I love the tracking and tools here. We are all human. If we fall off the wagon, we just dust ourselves off and get back on. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi YES we can Do it! I have lost a couple more pounds and feel so much more in control in just two weeks, My daughter told me yesterday (doing hcg) that she was down 16 Pounds (2 weeks) so I am Thrilled for her as well!