Notices

new here, looking for friends

Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Post new here, looking for friends

Hi every one,

I am new here and looking to find friends and support online with my weight loss journey. Can't talk to many people in my family about this and We just moved to a new state so no friends to back me up here either.

I am 24 years old and I am not married but have been with my boyfriend for 8 and half years. Our anniversary is in July on the 8th. Really excited for our 9 year anniversary. We have three children together, 2 boys and 1 girl. They are 7 years, 6 years, and 3 months old. Love being a mother and my boyfriend loves being a father, but a lot of responsibility on us and stress.

My weight has been put off for a long time, I have just thought about changing it but never put the effort behind it. That is the reason I am obese now. I have made a lot of excuses on way I am not changing my life and how I became so over weight, but that's that's all they were was excuses. The one's I uses mostly was my kids need me, I don't have time, and my father. I abandoned me when I was three along with my mother, but she came back 9 years later. He never did and last I hear of him. He was in the national geographic in the biker documentary, on the banditos. He is wanted by the FBI for many things.

Any Who, I am 220 lbs right now and want to be 125 at the end of my journey. I'm 5' 5" tall and most of my weight is on my bottom and thighs. I kinda look like a pear... If any one else is looking for some one to make them accountable for their eating habits or just need a friend, it would be nice to hear from you. I looking for positive people to keep me focused on my goals as well.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Make sure you check out the 7 day motivational thread in the women's support forum. We all post weekly goals and cheer each other on as we struggle to meet them. Good ladies and lots of support in there.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

I second what Kim said. Please hop on over and jump right on in! There's a lot of great support around here.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

First, I congratulate you on staying together from such a young age and being parents at that young age too. That is hard. I know, I was married at 16. Not a parent until I was 20 though.

There are many threads to read through here with loads of information. The simple thing is log all that you eat and log the exercise you do and don't forget to log your sleep. You will be surprised to see how much you currently eat and how easy it is to change it without being hungry.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's nice

I feel so welcomed here, not like being in a gym, which I fear at the moment.

Thank you for responding, I don't go out much or have much support at home so I need to get it from some where and I sure it's going to be here.

I am going to check out the thread ya all where talking about, thanks for the tips
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I just started here on Monday. You are well on your way since you have came to the place where you want to do something as well as taking charge and not placing blame, yes things in our lives do affect us and hurt us emotionally and physically and food is how many of us "cope" but we can do it differently and not hurt our health.