Notices

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Old 06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! I am new to the site, and to this weight loss journey! Thank you Sara for leading me to this thread!

My Name: Kelli
My Age: 39
Start Weight (April 30, 2012): 191.4 LBS
Target Weight(By April 3, 2013): 135 LBS
Current Weight(as of June 24, 2012): 171.6 LBS and down 2 sizes

Feeling good and optimistic about this journey! Congrats to all of you on your successes and kudos for knowing and believing it CAN be done!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

I have been at this awhile, but here in June 2012 I found fitday!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Well, im new and kind embarassed...

Hey ^^; My name is Jessi, i live in Long Island New York. Im 21 and i weigh 230ish pounds, im 5ft 3in, very very short and most of my weight is in my hips, butt, thighs and gut. My first mini goal is to get out of the 200's, once i do that i will feel so much better about myself and will keep striving to lose more and more until im a nice healthy weight, but my mini goal is good for now.

Nice to meet you all, thanks for the invite Sarah
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by misfitpixie
Hi Everyone! I am new to the site, and to this weight loss journey! Thank you Sara for leading me to this thread!

My Name: Kelli
My Age: 39
Start Weight (April 30, 2012): 191.4 LBS
Target Weight(By April 3, 2013): 135 LBS
Current Weight(as of June 24, 2012): 171.6 LBS and down 2 sizes

Feeling good and optimistic about this journey! Congrats to all of you on your successes and kudos for knowing and believing it CAN be done!
my god, that is absolutely amazing! i hope i can get those kind of results! tell me your secret! D:
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, Im Carmen and Im 29. Im from Los Angeles and I started my journey 2 weeks ago. My starting weight was 278, Im now 267. My first goal is to get to 199 by this time next year, its a small goal but Im trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up too high to get to my ultimate goal which is 140 too fast.
I was feeling very motivated at first but I think that now that Im seeing how much work it is and how much I have to lose Im feeling a little unmotivated and bummed but Im going to keep going and not give up Have you gone through the same? How do you get keep yourself motivated?

Carmen
Old 06-27-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carmenl12
Hi everyone, Im Carmen and Im 29. Im from Los Angeles and I started my journey 2 weeks ago. My starting weight was 278, Im now 267. My first goal is to get to 199 by this time next year, its a small goal but Im trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up too high to get to my ultimate goal which is 140 too fast.
I was feeling very motivated at first but I think that now that Im seeing how much work it is and how much I have to lose Im feeling a little unmotivated and bummed but Im going to keep going and not give up Have you gone through the same? How do you get keep yourself motivated?

Carmen
Hello Carmen I am a life long overweight person, I am 51 and when I was younger I was very active, I made up for my wieght by being active, however while doing that I began to damage myself, ( hips, ankles, knees , high blood pressure, high triglicerides and the final straw was my last visit to the Dr. and hearing that my A1C was climbing, so I got mad!, mad as hell at myself, so I knew I was the only person who could make changes to improve my issues!, I jumped in and I am fighting this diease , them a few weeks ago I fount FITDAY and began to use the site and its forums. I have read storys hear of the journey others are on and have been on and I am inspired, and very motovated, so that was a long answer to your question, in my mind I knew if I looked at loosing 185lbs it might appear as an unrealistic task so what I did was to break it into small managable steps!

I came up with ten steps of 18 1/2 lb mini goals I have made the first so I have 9 more to go, along with that are all the little things like a more restful sleep, I can move a little easier, my body pain is gone way down all these are motovational

please stay use the site, I know it will help you !
all the best Bo
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by carmenl12

Carmen
Hi Carmen. I agree with Bo, you cannot focus on how much in total you want to lose. I generally made my goal a 10% lose in body weight every 90 days. Agressive, but doable if you stick with your plan. Bascially you need to pick whatever reasonable goal works for you.

Remember, that weight did not appear on your body overnight and it won't go away overnight, either. If you do your part, though, it will go. And if folks like me and some of our other big (or formally big) folks can do it looking while looking at 200 to 300 pounds to lose, you sure can.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Greetings to all you Fabulous Fat Fighters!

I discovered this great tool + forum two days ago and hope it will help me get back down to what I weighed when I moved to the States from Germany in 2000.

Starting weight: 165 lbs
Current weight: 165 lbs
Goal weight: 150 lbs

I'm 5'10" and would like to lose 15 lbs by the end of this year. Unfortunately, I sit in an office all day and don't like exercise. Nevertheless, I go for a brisk 30-40 minute walk after work - that is, whenever I'm not too exhausted and it's not 90 degrees out there and 100% humidity.

I find the food log extremely helpful, especially the nutrition information. I was astonished to see how quickly the vitamins add up to astronomical percentages, and I already noticed that I'm not getting enough protein (probably because I'm not eating much meat). Maybe that explains my constant fatigue and brainfog? Now I'm adding an organic protein shake to my breakfast muesli.

I look forward to learning more about this group and to sharing experiences and encouragement.

Later, gaters!