Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012 >

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Community
Notices

Fabulous Fat Fighters 2012

Old 03-25-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Been a great week and the scales show it - another 2lb gone bringing my total to -11lb.

But what this week also showed me is that 2lb is the maximun I will lose in a week as its been a perfect eating and exercise week. My target of 1lb a week is realistic and that way if I "just" lose 1lb I wont be disappointed!

3 more to go to next treat!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default A bit of a latecomer

Hi there, thanks for the invite in another thread Sara. I started my diet and then some devastating news about my dad kind of stopped me in my tracks, my weight became the least of my worries.
It's great to see so many folks encouraging each other in their quests to be fitter, healthier and happier.
I am jumping on the wagon officially now and although I'm a little late, I'll still be a fabulous Feb Fat fighter if that's OK.
I have a lot to lose. I am currently 12 stone 12. Ideally somewhere around 10 stone by the time I go to Ibiza in September would be a real dream but I'm not going to rush it.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Forgot to say.....

Love the self-reward idea....
I might get my hubby who is constantly dragging me in to shoe shops to reward me for each 14lbs lost.
I'll wait for a good mood
Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IbizaSunset
Hi there, thanks for the invite in another thread Sara. I started my diet and then some devastating news about my dad kind of stopped me in my tracks, my weight became the least of my worries.
It's great to see so many folks encouraging each other in their quests to be fitter, healthier and happier.
I am jumping on the wagon officially now and although I'm a little late, I'll still be a fabulous Feb Fat fighter if that's OK.
I have a lot to lose. I am currently 12 stone 12. Ideally somewhere around 10 stone by the time I go to Ibiza in September would be a real dream but I'm not going to rush it.
Welcome welcome welcome.

We are a similar weight (I started at 13.3 and am now 12.6) and my target is ... well actually I am not sure I have a target as I think I have done that before and when I have got there gone back to all bad eating habits and thats why I find myself this weight again !

Keep logging in and hey Ibiza in Sept will be fab with new clothes for the new you!

Sara
9.15am Bristol, UK
Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good result

Hehe Sara ii'll see if i can match you weightwise! Happy to say i hopped in the scales this am and from a last weigh in of 12st 12 I am now 12 st 7. i'm only 5ft 4 though so I am presently at a very unhealthy weight.
How are the other Feb starters doing? Would be great to hear some good progress. Congrats ofn progress made by all so far.
My worst habit is actually quitting so sticking with it will actually be the biggest challenge for me.
Roll on September, I might be an old fogey at 38 but i will be going clubbing on Ibiza! (if they let in pensioners)
Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ibiza!

Glad to see you've joined us. I think I'm the only other one on this thread. I am also a Brit but living in Texas and get very confused with stones, pounds and kilos.... That's not my excuse, I don't have one....

I started at 191lbs, (13.9) and am now 176lbs (12.8), so have lost just over a stone. I am 5'5" and the 191 put me into the 30+ bmi category which is what spurred me into action. I've set my goal on fitday at 150lbs (10.10) which is a weight I've not seen in 20 years, but is the top of the 'normal' bmi for my height. I may revise downwards from there - if I get there.

So far so good. I started almost 6 weeks ago on 20th Feb, so 15lbs in 6 weeks is pretty good going, although 6lbs of that was in the first week.

I am going to UK in about 6 weeks and we'll be seeing lots of people I haven't seen for a few years -that will push me into sticking with my diet - vanity
Old 04-01-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jj59
Hi Ibiza!

Glad to see you've joined us. I think I'm the only other one on this thread. I am also a Brit but living in Texas and get very confused with stones, pounds and kilos.... That's not my excuse, I don't have one....

I started at 191lbs, (13.9) and am now 176lbs (12.8), so have lost just over a stone. I am 5'5" and the 191 put me into the 30+ bmi category which is what spurred me into action. I've set my goal on fitday at 150lbs (10.10) which is a weight I've not seen in 20 years, but is the top of the 'normal' bmi for my height. I may revise downwards from there - if I get there.

So far so good. I started almost 6 weeks ago on 20th Feb, so 15lbs in 6 weeks is pretty good going, although 6lbs of that was in the first week.

I am going to UK in about 6 weeks and we'll be seeing lots of people I haven't seen for a few years -that will push me into sticking with my diet - vanity

That is brilliant progress. I must admit, it's a lot of year since I've seen 10 stone anything.
I'm trying to stop the fiasco of daily weighing because if it doesn't change from the previous day, i get annoyed and then despondent. If at the end of the week i lose 2lbs I'll be very happy but as that doesn't show up much day to day, I've realized daily weigh-ins are my worst enemy.
Imagine when you have doubled your current weight loss tally, you'll feel amazing as it will bring you tantalizingly close to your goal.
Keep up the good work.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

3 Feb Fat fighters better than none!

I only weigh once a week and in fact today couldnt as the machine was broken again at the leisure centre but I dont need the scales as I can now see that I losing fat !!

I have also found I can run on a treadmill for 30 mins and now I am on hols (am a teacher) aim to do that most days at the gym!

Sara
9.30pm
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IbizaSunset
Imagine when you have doubled your current weight loss tally, you'll feel amazing as it will bring you tantalizingly close to your goal.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks. I'm afraid that the next 15lbs won't be as easy as the first, but as long as I can keep a downward trend I'll be delighted. I'm trying not to weigh myself more than about twice a week at the most, so far I haven't actually gone backwards which is a record I'm sure I can't maintain if I continue getting on the scales more than once a week.

Here's to a good week for all our February Fat Fighters!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:03 PM
FitDay Member

Wink

I think if you are able to be strong and say my target is -1lb a week then when it is that you are happy and not disappointed!

I went to slimming world for a while and was frustrated by "just losing 1lb" and on the weeks I did that I tended to go home and binge

Now I am really in the mindset of -1lb per week and when I get on scales on a sunday and it says -1lb I celebrate - but not by eating!

Sara
8.00am
(yey school holidays for us teachers!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.