Old 05-07-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lizzjo
Hello Hello...

Name: Lizz
Located: Northern Oklahoma
Current/Starting weight: 365
Goal weight: 180

Ok I found my way here! Yay! About me. Currently on day 4 of this whole working out getting healthy thing. I am NOT dieting. I am adapting to a healthier lifestyle. Eating more... unfortunately when you don't eat your body hoards fat because it 'thinks' it won't get any more. Result... a 37yr old fatchick! I struggle to eat on a regular basis. Fortunately, when I do eat its usually pretty good stuff. I don't eat much red meat, carbs, sweets, or junk food. I like salads, chicken, turkey, LOVE LOVE LOVE VEGGIES.

What I lack however is MOTIVATION. Ugh... my serious downfall.

I do have a wonderful friend that just ran a full marathon (his first) and he is helping me with my exercise. Both making sure I am not hurting myself and keeping me on track. Doesn't hurt that he is gorgeous. Although I'm not interested in him like that! But at 5:15am if I am dragging my butt out of bed I better get to look at something pleasant! LOL Anywho... I digress. I am walking/working out everyday. There is no break until I do this for 30 days. I HAVE to make this a habit.

So... with all that said, I am here! I am not putting a ton of focus on weighing in so that might be a little sporadic from me. I am working on my pace and increasing the total amount of time I am able to work out/walk. I actually have a plethora of knowledge about nutrition and how to help your metabolism and all of that. (I like to read and do research!) Any questions... I'm your girl!
Hello Lizz
It sounds like you have some good things going for you. Someone to help and motivate you. Loving veggies is big. Keep up the hard work motivation will come with time. Good Luck! ~Renee~
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Our group is growing whilst our waists shrink!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lizzjo
What I lack however is MOTIVATION. Ugh... my serious downfall...

Both making sure I am not hurting myself and keeping me on track. Doesn't hurt that he is gorgeous.
Sounds like some motivation to me hahahaha

I forgot to post my specifics over the weekend i was so caught up with being lazy...

Start of Week: 209
End of Week: 204
First Goal: 200
Walked: 27 Miles

I'm almost there!
Unfortunately I gained some weight back over the weekend... I was quite distressed too since today was my competition's weight in Dx!!!!
Couldn't it have waited one more day?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

So, my goal for today's workout...

1. No complaining.. want to keep that up since I didn't complain yesterday at all.

2. No more saying I can't do something. I can do anything I set my mind to. If it's something I've never done before then I don't know if I can do it or not. Even if I don't do it perfectly, I have to try my best because the more I do it the better I will be at it!

3. Improve my form even if it means not doing as much.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome All!

Wow, our group is really growing... welcome to everyone.

Well, we've eaten out quite a lot this week and the loss is only 0.4lb. A few glasses of wine in there... probably more carbs than I realized... all take their toll.

Vow to keep going... this diet is GOOD - I can eat and drink all THAT - and still lose weight!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi guys! My name is Brian, 23 and from Australia.

I started in the first week of January at 149kg (330lbs) and right now I'm down to 129kg (282lbs). My goal weight is 100kg (222lbs) and determined to get there by the end of October =)
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-

Sara, thanks for pointing out this thread to me. It is nice having a little smaller group to get to know. Also glad there are some who have similar weight loss goals. I don't have a lot to lose but it has been harder than I thought to do it. Been starting and stopping for a few years now but always hovering around the same weight with no real results. I am trying to put it all together for a change. About me:

Starting weight: 155 lbs
Current weight: 151 lbs
Goal weight: 135 lbs

Challenges: I work FT and am in sales now with a little more wining and dining so have to watch that. I have three kids and some weeks are so busy I don't take the time to plan good meals. My husband is a big guy, so maybe by comparison I always feel small enough, even at a heavier weight than I'd like. I am 5-8" so technically am at an OK weight, but just feel heavier than I would like. I have a small frame and have added 5 pounds with each baby that I never got rid of. Now, combined with the extra 5 after turning 40, I need to put a stop to it. Well, that and my "baby" is 8 years old.

Am currently trying to maintain about 1,500 calories per day to stimulate some quick results for motivation. I work out 2 times a week with a personal trainer which is primarily weight training. My trainer suggests that I run or spin bike at least 2-3 times a week also but that is where the excuses come in. I almost never miss my training appointment though. Maybe because I pay for it whether I go or not. I did jog for 30 minutes on Monday night, even though it was 9:00 and dark outside, so that was a tiny victory for me.

I'd love to run a half marathon sometime this fall also and was interested that someone else was working towards this also. Please post your progress!

Good luck all - will be checking in.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Feeling good today, 10 pounds down 15 to go to my first goal. Doing way better than I thought I would.

Height- 5'4"
Starting weight 185.8 (4-11-12)
Current weight 175.8
First goal 160 (7-10-12)
Goal weight 150 (8-13-12)

-Trying to keep calories around 1350
-2 mile walk most week days with my day care kids.
-work out some days at kids nap time.
- walk 2 miles with husband at night if we have time.
- core strengthening class on Tuesdays.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Good luck to all new comers ~Renee~

Last edited by ahappieru; 05-10-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: pushed wrong button
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all fat fighters

Well for the first time in my yo yo weight loss (which I have been on forever) I actually feel like now is a lifestyle change not a diet. Also for the first time ever I have discussed my weight with hubby. He is naturally thin but is really supportive of my journey.

But journey isnt the right word as that indicates a destination and stopping and no way am I going to stop now!

Sara
7pm UK time
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh in for the Week

Height- 5'8"
Starting weight 226 (03/12)
Last Week: 205 (let it be noted that by Monday I was 208 though xD)
Current weight 202
First goal 200
Final Goal weight 140
Miles Walked This Week: 20
Miles Walked in Total: 47

I am Waaaaaay down... but really hoping it doesn't boomerang over the weekend.
I might do some mild walking and some super crunches over the weekend so I don't become a potato though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.