Notices

Hi everyone...just starting...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi everyone...just starting...

Hi everybody....
I'm just starting this and have a couple of questions. First, I've been reading and following Tom Venuto's book, "Lose the Fat, Burn the Muscle" and although some of it is pretty in depth, I've gotten the gist of how important it is to count calories. I"m good as far as the eating part goes...watching my intake, dividing up my daily calories per meals etc. My biggest issue is exercising...okay, yes I"m lazy and will be the first to admit it. I know it's important that I do it since that is the key...to burn off more than I put in. I have a Bowflex here, a treadmill and an ecliptical machine and STILL don't have the ambition. Can anyone lend me some suggestions as to how I can get motivated? Hubby works out all the time and thankfully doesn't say much to me about me NOT working out. We work different hours so can't very well partner up with him. Help!!!! Thanks for ANY suggestions!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by laney47
Can anyone lend me some suggestions as to how I can get motivated? Thanks for ANY suggestions!!!
Just do it!

Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Well...

Thanks, but that is much easier said than done!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Well you did say ANY advice, right?

And I'm being serious. There's plenty of days I don't feel like running or biking because I just feel lazy. But once I get out there and do it I'm always glad I did. So JUST DO IT.

There's no easy way to lose weight. If there was we would have heard about it by now. Eat less, move more. And the more excuses one makes, the more difficult and frustrating the process.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Start doing some form of exercise for 5-10 minutes. And lengthen it from there. I started at 10-15 mins and now it's 1hr to 1hr 15mins usually. Sometimes I run out of time but still have the energy left for more but have to stop anyway.

Find something that you can enjoy and do that. The best part is that after a while the workouts become a habit and your body will want to do them even while your head is saying you could be just watching tv instead.