Notices

Hi from California

Old 01-16-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi from California

So I have been here for about a week or so and I am finally getting around to introducing myself. I am 21 and have spent almost 10 years yo yo dieting. Now I am at the biggest I have ever weighed. 5'2 and 160 lbs. I know to some people that isnt that bad but for me it is enough for me to know that I have to make a change. My goal weight is 120. I am going to do my best to eat healthy and exercise.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Galaxy,
I hear you about yo-yo dieting and even though you don't have LOTs of weight to lose, those 35 lbs are just as hard as 135 - it will just take you less time. At 21, you are at a great age and stage to build the good eating and exercising habits that will last a life time. The one thing you need to keep in mind is that this isn't a 1-time deal. You can't be "good" for a couple of months to lose the weight and then go back to your old habits (thus the yo-yo).

Many will agree that starting to breaking old habits and building new ones you need to tackle them one at a time. Look at your food logs and maybe use the "moods" feature to figure out where your weaknesses are. Late night eating? Junk food? Not enough protein? And then pick one and change that behavior. After a few weeks move on the next.

As the cliche goes: it's a marathon, not a sprint.

So, keep us posted. Check the women's section and join us on the exercise threads. But DO NOT give up... OK?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay forums!

That's wonderful that you are taking action now to be healthy & fit. I love it when people take responsibility for themselves.

Hope to see you around!