Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Not a newbie, but someone who came back! >

Not a newbie, but someone who came back!

Community
Notices

Not a newbie, but someone who came back!

Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Not a newbie, but someone who came back!

I first started using fitday i think about 7 years ago. I came on and off, never really using it as well as i should have. I have had weight loss here and there, but i would always manage to gaining it back on. I feel frustated and i KNOW i cure everything with food. I feel sad i eat, i'm bored i eat, i eat all the time! The worst part is that i am a cook. I love food i can admit that, but i just don't love my relationship with food. I believe that there is a way to find balance, that you can enjoy food, without overdoing it. I'm just not there yet! Hopefully, i'm going to stick to a goal, of not just losing weight, getting healthier. I am only 31 years old and i have all sort of heath issues du to my weight. I currently weigh 242 pounds and i can't take it anymore. The worst part about losing a lot of weight in the past, is that you remember how good you felt when you were skinnier. I want to go back to that, to be abble to feel good in my own body and have energy... right now, i have none. I'm tired of fighting myself and staying fat, i want to make peace with myself, to have a new start and finally be abble to take back the control. I don't think you need to join weight watchers and such to lose the weight, you just have to be ready and willing to admit to not only yourself, but to others that you have failled in this part of you're life, but you accept it and you want to fight and take the power back and fight for what's right ... to be your full self, without being full size!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, cinidy!

I like your post. It really says a lot. The love of food doesn't have to get the best of you. Here you'll find empowerment. A big motivator is, once you've reached your goal, you can then eat what you love again... only in the correct portions. It's all about moderation and you know that. So there are two prizes awaiting. One is losing the weight and getting healthier and the second is enjoying what you love to eat once again without the worry of getting back to the point you're at now. But it will take determination and dedication. I see that in your post, so you'll be fine.

And you're correct, nobody really needs a "diet". FitDay gives you all the tools and resources you'll need to meet your goals.

A good way to get situated with both the Discussion Board and FitDay program is to visit this link:

FAQ's/Newbie Q & A, How To's, & Supporting Links

If you have any additional questions we are glad to assist.

Lastly, we'd enjoy having you "stick around" the Forum. We have a close-knit community that is active and encouraging.

Best wishes!

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-16-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

ciindy ~ I've gotten so much encouragement around here. It seems as if you could teach me a few things - I'd love to see more of your input around here.

Your love for food & cooking can be a great strength as you explore balanced eating. I bet you could share lots of good/healthy recipes in the Food Forum. I'd love to visit you there if you'd ever care to share!

I wish you only the best as you journey forward into better fitness.