Newbie with question >

Newbie with question

Community
Notices

Newbie with question

Old 01-10-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie with question

Hello All! I'm new to FitDay and I'm very excited and looking forward to the new "ME"! I do have a quick question. When logging in my food, I put that I had roasted chicken & vegetable soup (progresso light) it was 70 calories per 1 cup serving. I ate the whole can which was about 2 cups. I entered the nutrition label from the can on to the label on the computer. I also put that I had 2 cups. When the calorie intake report came up it said I had only eaten 70 calories. Shouldn't it show 140 calories since I ate the whole can (2 cups)? I want to make sure I'm getting the right calculations for my calorie intake. If anyone can help please let me know. Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Usually when I make a custom food, I have to select "servings" to get the right amount. See if that helps, if not double check that you entered the custom food information correctly. If you're going to eat that soup a lot, and eat the whole can every time, maybe you want to change the calories to reflect a can of it rather than a serving or cup.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with Amy, just enter the values for the whole can. Then if you only eat half just use .5 for the quantity. Just easier for me that way. Welcome by the way!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Amy & Ron! By the way I'm RayChelle! I just tried to see if I can change it to can but I can only do cup. So should I just double the information I put down. Its a regular size can of Pregresso Light so I would probably eat the whole can when I do eat it. So I'm wondering if I need to double the amount I put in, even though nutrition value ask for "per serving". So I ate 2 servings, do I put in double the numbers so that it adds up right on my chart? This is my 1st day using it so once I figure it out I will know for everything else I eat. Thank you again for your help!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jnc4eva
Thank you Amy & Ron! By the way I'm RayChelle! I just tried to see if I can change it to can but I can only do cup. So should I just double the information I put down. Its a regular size can of Pregresso Light so I would probably eat the whole can when I do eat it. So I'm wondering if I need to double the amount I put in, even though nutrition value ask for "per serving". So I ate 2 servings, do I put in double the numbers so that it adds up right on my chart? This is my 1st day using it so once I figure it out I will know for everything else I eat. Thank you again for your help!
Yes you have to double the amounts you type in. I probably have 20 different kinds of soup in my custom foods and I always figure I'm going to eat the whole can, so that's how I put it into my calculations.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Thank you very much! That helped me out a lot! Have a goodnight!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

If you open your 'custom food' you can choose to edit it. I always try to put the size in the title and just leave the quantity as 1 serving. If you do this then you can double the calorie, nutrient values while you are editing. If I don't do it this way I always have trouble remembering the quantity of the custom food I set up.