FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Weight loss stop/start (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/6258-weight-loss-stop-start.html)

thly 01-10-2012 02:19 AM

Weight loss stop/start

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I just set a goal for 33lbs (236->203) for the next five months with a calorie restriction/day 772. I will add as activity biking three times per week.

Normally the 3rd day of me doing a diet , i experience headaches and broken nerves, so this time i plan to eat a little more on the third day without ruining the total week balance.

For the last 5 years, I have changed eating habits and workout, which definitely must have added to the fact that i have become a "couch potato". And i have to say that turning 40 doesn't make things much easier.

I have tried earlier in 2011 restricting my calories intake several times, and started workout, but all my efforts ended up in failure.

It is time to respect my body.

Hope this time to get rid of the fat once and for all !!!

Wish you luck in your efforts
Theo
BMI 29.72
:):):)

fit4luv 01-10-2012 03:33 AM

http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/word/g20085.gif

It looks as if you are ready to hit it hard with your fit goals! That's great! You are taking great steps foward.

Every healthy measure you take today does help! Please feel welcome to jump in on other threads.

almeeker 01-10-2012 10:16 AM

I don't know that the exact calorie deficit is the most important thing to discuss here, personally I think the average diet failure in 3 days is more concerning to me. I've been there honey, sooooo many times. I think there were several factors this time around that have helped me fight that sort of "all or nothing" mentality, mostly learning to forgive myself a slip and getting back on track with the next day/meal/spoonful. I've approached it differently too, in the past I always had a day, person or event I was trying to be skinny for. Well sooner or later that day or person comes and goes, so along with it's passing my diet was history as well. This time I've approached it as changes to my life that I can live with on a day to day basis (most of the time anyway).

I totally agree that 3 days of calorie restriction can make you mean and give you a headache. Things that I've found to combat that are a workout schedule, snacks that don't blow the diet and giving your self the occasional "cheat day" or even just a "cheat meal".

fit4luv 01-10-2012 12:13 PM

almeeker ~ I think that maybe I read that wrong. And even if I didn't, Theo wasn't requesting advice. My bad. I'll try to delete that second paragraph.

I agree - It's really tough (at least for me) to change what I do & to figure out how to work with the emotions.

I really like, Theo, what you said about respecting your body.

thly 01-10-2012 08:04 PM

almeeker/fit4luv many thanks for kind welcome/advice. All comments are welcomed.

For sure it it is a matter of changing things to the right direction.

Lately i used food as an "escape" for general everyday pressure since no drinking/smoking here.

Have to say that vito's links are quite good.
Many thanks
Good luck to you too:)

1fitchallenge 01-10-2012 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by thly (Post 67841)
I just set a goal for 33lbs (236->203) for the next five months with a calorie restriction/day 772.

:eek: 772kcal per day? Dont you think is bit too low and body will quickly go to starvation mode?
Did you use calculator for your BMR/TDEE which will show you how many calories your body use everyday. I think TDEE it will be something around 2000kcal.

And as far as I know, HEALTHY approach to losing fat is to restrict your calories intake about -20% less than your TDEE. I think those number are something like that.

In my opinion you should read some about it - so you wont hurt yourself and you will have bigger chances to succeed :D
Just saying - good luck !!

thly 01-11-2012 01:12 AM

Thanks 1fitchallenge for you concern/wishes

772cl is only the daily calorie restriction to loose weight.My daily calorie balance to loose weight is 1756cl.

As per fitday site / vito's bmi/bmr etc this is my profile.
Current weight :236lbs
Daily cl to maintain current weight :2528
Daily cl restriction to loose weight : 772
Daily cl balance (2528-772=1756)
BMI 29.72
Goal 236->203lbs / 5months
:)