Not Dieting...just stopped eating poison

Community
Notices

Not Dieting...just stopped eating poison

Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not Dieting...just stopped eating poison

Hello everyone..
So I came across this website and thought that it would be a good way to keep myself accountable.

I'm not dieting as I think that word poisons your mind and almost dooms to you failure and besides a diet won't get you where you need to be but changing your eating habits will, also I feel that dieting means restricting yourself from some foods and I'm not keen on that either....if you want a piece of cake you should eat a freaking piece of cake...just not the WHOLE cake...and remember cals in and cals OUT.

So, that having been said I'm looking forward to connecting with some buddies that I can also be accountable to and we can share ideas etc.

stats:
28 F 5'2 308
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome insight, tracynv. You sound like a seasoned member here already.

Welcome to FitDay!

You'll find all the tools and resources right here to meet your weight goals and to help with your transition into a healthier lifestyle.

A good way to get situated with both the FitDay program and Discussion Board is to visit this link:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65241

If you have any additional questions we are glad to help.

Lastly, we'd enjoy having you "stick around" the Forum. We have a close-knit community that is knowledgeable, active, and encouraging; this includes a terrific Women's forum where you'll find all the support you'd like.

Best wishes!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Tracy. Wise philosophy. I just posted a quote on another thread, "The best diet is one you don't know you're on." Looking forward to getting to know you on FitDay.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Tracy,

I couldn't agree with you more! I also have a problem with the word "Diet". The minute you stop "dieting" the weight comes back. You are right it has to be a whole life style change - for life. Setting goals too high - or too many goals at once - bodes failure.

I have one of those foods lists, (given me by the doctor) - Red, Amber, Green - on the fridge. I dont always stick to it but it certainly helps.

I am back on the healthly life style change after a four month distraction and am back to the weight I was when I joined Fitday last June . New Year, new start. I have lost 1lb so far this week - only another 99 to go!

Best wishes
Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tracy

I am new to this site and looking forward to using this new tool and getting advice and encouragement from the support network and people like you. I know I am at a pivitol point in my weight loss journey and at a crossroads in a way. I get what you are saying about dieting and that we should be able to eat a piece of cake...thinner people do, so no one should feel restricted and guilty about having a treat once in a while (as long as it's not the whole freaking cake, lol).

I' ve done the Weightwatchers thing (definitely what I needed to give me direction). Now I feel like it's time for me to do it without the training wheels now. I know what to eat, how much to eat, what to avoid, and have a good workout regimen....it's taken me a long time to squash my bad habits, and still have some hard work ahead. It's kind of scary to change strategies, but I realized recently that I am in charge. It's not about following this plan or that diet..I have customized a plan that has proven works for me, and I still have my cake and eat it too!

Good luck on your journey...hope to help each other out so we can keep on keepin' on!

Nadine

Starting weight 302 (May 2008)
Current weight 231
Next goal 199 by August 2012
End goal 155 or size large, whatever comes first