Notices

New here and looking for motivation~!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here and looking for motivation~!

Hi all,

I just signed up for this today and am really excited. Totally need some support and some major motivation!! I am 35, mom of 2, and have gained about 20 lbs over the last 2 years (lost all my baby weight prior to that, so the kids aren't the problem). Started jogging in 2011 but haven't lost any weight. Heading into this one by calorie reduction....my doctor suggests 1400 calories?

Tell me some of your success stories and how fitday has actually helped you. Love the fact that it's free!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by emjinla
Hi all,

I just signed up for this today and am really excited. Totally need some support and some major motivation!! I am 35, mom of 2, and have gained about 20 lbs over the last 2 years (lost all my baby weight prior to that, so the kids aren't the problem). Started jogging in 2011 but haven't lost any weight. Heading into this one by calorie reduction....my doctor suggests 1400 calories?

Tell me some of your success stories and how fitday has actually helped you. Love the fact that it's free!
I just joined today, and have not even had a chance to weigh myself. Just getting inspired by reading old posts. Need to get back into my closet filled with size 6-8 pants and skirts!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the both of you! When you have the time, take a little bit and browse through some of the old posts. There is a lot of advice, success stories, and support here. Aslo check out the Women's Only Forum. Lots of great women there, and the occassional male lurker LOL.

Good luck to both of you!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you!! I will check out that forum and I'm super excited to be getting support here. I was thinking Weight Watchers but I don't have the time/$...Congrats on getting to your Xmas goal!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Me tooooooo. I have a closet full of size 4 and 6 clothes that I can't even squeeze my hips into!!! Going to take it easy this week (it is the holidays) and really hit it hard come Jan 1!! Cheers to us
Old 12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by emjinla
Thank you!! I will check out that forum and I'm super excited to be getting support here. I was thinking Weight Watchers but I don't have the time/$...Congrats on getting to your Xmas goal!!!
Thanks! One of the things that I love here is, if you have 10 lbs to lose or 100, the support is the same. We all realize that for each of us, it's 1 lb at a time. We all fall off the wagon, the thing we have to remember is that we've just got to get back on it!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Tori, I'm not a lurker, I'm an active participant.

Welcome aboard ladies. FitDay has helped me in so many ways, I'd say the biggest help for me has be the support of the great people in the forums. The ladies in the 7 day motivational threads help keep me in line... atleast they try. They keep me checking in on a daily basis. I've been pretty much maintaining for a while but I tend to cut loose every now and then because I find that now it's more fun to gain and lose than to maintain.

I will also be getting back to business soon. Assuming that I can eat all the pecan pie and apple pie on Christmas day, Monday will be it for me. I don't do too well when I hear the sweets calling my name, so I'll be forced to eat them to get them out the house.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hey--welcome to both of you! I'm relatively new here as well--just finishing up my first week, but I'll second what Tori and Mike said. Everyone here is wonderful, very kind, and the 7 Day Motivation thread in the Women's section is a SERIOUSLY wonderful incentive to stay accountable.

Best of luck.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay, both emjinla and Allegro13.

You'll find all the tools, resources, and support you'll need right here to meet your weight loss/fitness goals. Thank you for choosing FitDay to help with your transition into a healthier lifestyle.

A good way to get situated with both the Discussion Board and FitDay program is to visit this link:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post65241

If you have any additional questions we are here to help.

Finally, we hope that you decide to "stick around" the Forums. We have a terrific community that is very warm and inviting.

Best wishes!

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-23-2011 at 08:45 AM.