Notices

Hi all, new here

Old 12-08-2011, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi all, new here

Hi I'm a Dutch woman in her late 30ies, I used to use Fitday (last entry was from 2004 lol) and I decided it would be good to use it once again cos I gained all my lost weight back over the years. I am a good 25 pounds overweight, 5 ft 7, with the dreaded apple shape, due to genetics and a predisposition to comfort eat carbs and sugars cos of anxiety and general feelings of tension.

I go for a run 3 times a week on a good week, but need new shoes soon cos lately I've been starting to feel a lil sore in the knees after a run.

My preferred diet would be to shun liquid calories, been drinking Oolong tea since Dr Oz says its good for you lol, and focus on natural foods such as fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds.

However I dont want to be a "skinny fat" person so I have to work on my bodyfat percentage as well, it is sky high right now, per my Tanita scales, tho I know thats not very trustworthy it says at least something...?

Been thinking of getting the Winsor Pilates excelerated body sculpting dvd or whatever its name is, I heard from an aquaintance that she had great results using it.

Also I try implement the advice from the book "Eating Less" by Gillian Riley
and try to accept where I am now, which must be the hardest part of it all...

Good to be back!!

Greetz, Lisa
Old 12-09-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lisa, and welcome back to FitDay!

As you know, you'll find all the tools, resources and support you'll need right here to meet your weight goals and to help with your transition into a healthier "lifestyle change".

Don't forget to check out our FitDay Articles (which are second to none)

FitDay: Free Diet & Weight Loss Journal

as well as our "Tag Cloud". Finally, we'd enjoy having you "stick around" the Forum.

Best wishes!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanx V, I appreciate your welcome
Old 12-10-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi all new here

Hello Outthere

I am new to this fitday. To introduce myself. I lost 80#s and became a lifetime member of WW. Over the yearss I gained it back. I'm now finding that losing it the second time is quite bit more difficult. I will make it back to a more healthy weight.
I am now going to the gym and doing a moderate work out, at least 3 times a week. Trying to use the things I learned in Weightwatchers. Will check back later.
Darrel
Old 12-10-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Darrel.

If you have any questions just let us know.

Best wishes.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey,

I am new also, i started a diet just right now, after i saw an old picture where i was normal, that kinda trigered me into a diet. I pretty much gained weight and im determined to loose it, i wish you goodluck! P.S. I am Dutch also, i woulda love to share some experiences.

Greetings Maydin
Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Maydin if you want to PM in Dutch you're welcome to do so