Notices

New Trying New Motivation

Old 11-12-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow New Trying New Motivation

Hi, Im Nick. Im 26 and live in Iowa. I recently gave teh Atkins diet a shot and between November of last year and July of this year have lost quite a bit of weight. 343 lbs down to 265 lbs. I lost track of my diet because of work and not having the motivation anymore since my roommate has gotten pregnant and wants all kinds of delicious foods and such. I would love to make some friends on here to motivate and encourage me towards working towards my weight goal as well as to help me actually get in shape and no longer look like a lump of playdough.

Cheers everyone! I hope to hear from you soon.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard. I should probably get my husband to write this as he lost weight every time I got pregnant, proof positive that's it's possible to live with a preggo and still lose weight. After 3 babies he was down about 60lbs, and I was up by more than that. The truth of the matter is that if it's good for your diet, it's good for the baby, but probably with different portions. If you can get her to read "What to expect when your expecting", you might be able to swing her over to the "healthy side". The diet in that book is crazy, but really good for you. If not, you might want to take up knitting, or fly fishing, anything to keep your hands busy and out of the chips and chocolates. What is your ultimate goal?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

My ultimate goal is to get to a healthy weight. Ive been overweight since I was a child. I also want to tone myself and get rid of the "softer" portions of my body as my image has been really bothering me with excess fat in certain areas of my body in my opinion looks wierd when I stand next to my partner.. he is the same height as me and weighs 140 lbs. I just want to be more comfortable when I stand next to him as well as just live healthier overall. I have set myself a goal by buying a couple shirts and a pair of jeans of course too small that by the end of my transformation want to fit into without a middriff and be able to button up... at my waist not down on my hips. I know its a shallow way for me to look at things, but you cant love who you are even if you think your a great person when you dont like how you look on the outside.

We are considering adopting and I want to pass on healthy lifelong practices to my son/daughter.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, you just have to keep at it. When I'm not motivated I buy myself some new workout thing, or a new outfit. Just keep on keeping at it and you'll get there. Losing weight to look good might sound shallow, but when you're healthy and full of energy the transformation will be more than skin deep, so it's really not that shallow.