Community
Notices

Hey All!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hey All!

I started Fitday almost 2 weeks ago and I have to admit, I am loving it! Albeit, ever-so-slightly obsessed , but I'm seeing great results (I don't have a scale, although my waist measurement already decreased, woot). I decided I wanted to adopt a healthy eating lifestyle instead of dieting...since that never seems to work. I also started on Turbo Jam and it's actually fun. Yes, that's right, fun! Anyway, wanted to say hi to fellow new members and good luck
Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Woooo hooo! great job Fit,
Welcome to the forums. Why don't you check into the "did you exercise" thread. Its a great way to keep motivated and share your ups (and occassional downs)
Old 11-17-2011, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Sometimes I wish I didn't have a scale and could go by how my clothes fit. I tend to get a little scale obsessed LOL
Old 11-17-2011, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome, sounds like you're on the right track. Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you! Will check out the exercise forum. As for the scale, Wildbean, that's exactly why I don't own one haha :P
Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

It is wonderfully obsessive isn't it? I can come to Fitday after I eat and get my mind off of my hunger long enough for the food to start digesting. By the way what is turbo jam?
Old 11-20-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I'm quite liking it so far . Turbo Jam is an exercise video, its kickboxing mixed with a bit of dancing (more like grooving). I don't like gyms or walking in -25 c weather so this is perfect for me lol. What do you do for exercise?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

I'm new, too! I am also sick of crash dieting- it's time for a lifestyle change! I've had my exercise good for a while now, but I just love my food and drinks! The college lifestyle is catching up to me on the weekends.

Turbo Jam sounds like fun! There is something called Piloxing at my student gym, which is free, and I've always wanted to try it. (Unfortunately, no dancing, though.)

Good luck! It is my first day today, and I just took my before picture. You should take one too, if you haven't yet. =)
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Runner. It's good that you've gotten you're exercise down. To me that's the toughest part. I do like my food too though, it sometimes is a bit of a struggle but so far i've found that giving myself 1-2 cheat meals per week has suppressed the binging. You should try Piloxing, since its free and you're already at school. I get super (but like, super!) red-faced when I work out so I prefer exercising alone lmao. Let me know how you're progressing, we can keep each other motivated