FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Hello there, I am new here! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/5540-hello-there-i-am-new-here.html)

fitnessmom43 10-24-2011 02:08 PM

Hello there, I am new here!

Hi,

I am new here and would like to introduce myself. I am 43 year old mom ,have 2 girls and started to take control on my weight and fitness seriously about 1.5 year ago.
I lost over 60 pounds...a long and slow process...but did it, and still need to shed more pounds to be happy.

I have become fitness addict, and made myself " mini gym" at home, not something fancy, just something that would be comfortable to work out at in my own home, no excuses...

Recently I have lost my motivation ...and am looking for some new things to keep me motivated. I guess I am too tired from this long trip...and needs some motivation to keep me going. :confused:

I am happy to found this website and to join this forum. It looks very supportive .

I wish us all good luck and am hoping to hear from others their stories.
Thank you for reading my long introduction.:)

mecompco 10-24-2011 09:32 PM

Welcome!

It's great that you're on the exercise wagon, but don't forget the nutrition! Keep up with both and those extra pounds will just melt away.

Regards,
Michael

fitnessmom43 10-25-2011 03:25 PM

Thank you Michael

Hi there,

Thank you. It is amazing how you did it! Way to go! I wish you all the best and more successful in your journey of losing those pounds.

It is great to see such an amazing results and achievements!:)

mecompco 10-25-2011 08:30 PM

Thank you. What you've accomplished thus far is amazing, too--don't forget that! I can't give you motivation--that comes from within, but I will send you all the encouragement and good wishes I can.

I guess my advice is to keep your mind's eye on your goal and make your exercise and nutrition an ingrained part of your lifestyle. Oh, and use FitDay every day--even those few minutes in the morning logging food and exercise I think help keep us focused.

Regards,
Michael

rpmcduff 10-27-2011 02:37 AM

I always find Bodybuilding.com to be very inspirational. Especially the Transformation of the Week stories (they have a whole archive). Just keeps reminding me that normal people like me can and have accomplished similar goals. Welcome, and remember you have already been (lost 60lbs.) succesful where others have failed. Like Michael said, focus on your nutrition. You can't out train a bad diet. Focusing on your diet can make your progress easier. If you're not already use the Fitday, tools to track your food and make changes that you can live with long term. Good luck.

fitnessmom43 10-27-2011 05:12 PM

Hi there

Thank you for your reply. It is so nice to get those replies,and it brings smiles:).
I am trying my best, I really am,and I know that eventually I will make it happen.The main question is when...and this is when I sometimes lose myself and feeling lost...I must have lost patience and am looking for fast track...which I know won't happen...

I will check this website,thank you .

I wish you good luck and many more pounds to lose!!!;)